• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2017 Bobcat T595 fuel tank drain?

muddog1975

I cant find a parts breakdown that shows a fuel tank drain plug. I have not seen this machine yet, so I haven't had a chance to look for one. I not really familiar with bobcat. The customer believes that it dose not have one. It is a bobcat....so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't have one. So any info would be great. Just trying to familiarize myself before i get to the machine.Thanks in advance.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm not real familiar with M series machines, have you checked the Bobcat parts pages using the machine serial number?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Tell ya what, call Bobcat of Knoxville and ask for Gena in parts, she knows her $hit when it comes to Bobcat machines, and ask her if it has a tank drain. She's the one you want to deal with about parts for that machine, of course I'd get in a cuss fest with her, we've been trading banter with her for years.

muddog1975

I pretty sure it doesn't have one, after looking at several different serial number ranges. But thanks I will give her a call....I've only delt with her a few times....she can be a handful. Lol...thanks again. Have a Merry Christmas.

Txhayseed

They don't have one. Electric fuel pump plumbed into the pick up line is how we drain them when a customer thinks its one of those new hydrogen machines that run on water.

muddog1975

They don't have one. Electric fuel pump plumbed into the pick up line is how we drain them when a customer thinks its one of those new hydrogen machines that run on water.
Thanks for the verification on the fuel tank drain.. Definitely a option to pump out the tank. The customer seems to think there is sand in the tank. Not sure what really happened or whats really in the tank. So I will be at the machine tomorrow. I will post what I find. Thanks for the advice. Take care.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sand? Well that would be interesting. I mean, it's not like Knoxville is the beach where sand gets in everything, nope, it would have to be put there.

muddog1975

Yep, I agree. I haven't put eyes on it yet, but this machine is new to my customer. Not sure where he got it or who had it before him..... but I'm sure knowing him he got a good price on it and tomorrow I will know why. We will see tomorrow! I will let yall know.

Txhayseed

We have had sand, dirt, rocks ect ect. Ive seen people use old dirty 5 gallon buckets, old jugs you name it to transport fuel and just dump it in there. We have even had what we assume where kids playing around drop enough gravel into the tank of a 450 dozer we had to remove the tank to clear it. Always makes you wonder but it happens alot. Bad thing is when its debris not water and with the shape of the tank on that machine just draining it wont get that kind of trash out. Hopefully the tank wont need to come out to be cleaned.

Delmer

If you can, tip the machine so there's a bottom corner. Then use Willie's "suck bucket" to drain it, or a transfer pump with a filter on the suction side to recirculate a few gallons to rinse the debris out. Or a siphon hose into a barrel and secured and a fuel hose and air hose into the tank to rinse it out.

muddog1975

Well I got to the machine, customer let me know he bought from a man that used it to do storm clean up on the coast. I pulled the fuel sending unit and used a camera probe to inspect the tank for debris. It had trace amounts of sand particles left in the tank. So I recommend to them to let me flush the tank and replace all fuel line hoses. They agreed. So I set up my 1 inch waste pump and a 55 gallon drum. I ran a water hose into the fuel sending unit hole and put my suction hose in the fill neck hole. And as suggested above I filled the tank with water as I was raising and lowering the machine to wash the tank out while pumping the water into the 55 gallon drum. I filled the drum 3 times with water flushed from the tank. I inspected the tank again after flushing with camera probe. No debris found in tank. Reassembled machine, with new fuel lines. Didn't get finished today ran out of daylight. Hope to get back out there Saturday and finish up. Thanks again yall for all the suggestions. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• 20201223_123130.jpg
    20201223_123130.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20201223_123136.jpg
    20201223_123136.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20201223_123148.jpg
    20201223_123148.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

muddog1975

More pics