• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2018 takeuchi tl12r2 Kubota software interface

OK. Thats the machine im trying to hook up to. It has a 3360 code for level 2 regen needed or something along those lines but the machine has been deleted so it should be an issue. It has the engine derated to 1800 rpm. So i need to hook up to it.
I have diagmaster 4.2.0 and a python adapter. I can not get it to hook up. Ive found 2 places online that says the python is no longer supported and you have to use the DST-i interface. The guy i got the software from says that is not the issue. He thinks its on the machine side. I have tested can H and L, power and ground. Zero issues. Everything should be there. Diagmaster recognizes and configures the python but when you try to connect to the machine it says "Interface not connected" Im starting to think the other forum i found that says python isnt supported anymore are correct. Any Kubota/Takeuchi guys out there have any input on if this is true?

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
IIRC with Kubota the software needed to be purchased/subscribed for manufacturer the machine it is in; I.E. Kubota software in a Taki needs to come from Taki, same Kubota in a Gehl needs software from Gehl. I know we had two different versions of Kubota software at the employer before my last one for this reason.

IIRC with Kubota the software needed to be purchased/subscribed for manufacturer the machine it is in; I.E. Kubota software in a Taki needs to come from Taki, same Kubota in a Gehl needs software from Gehl. I know we had two different versions of Kubota software at the employer before my last one for this reason.
hmm, thats a new one. We had kubota in Vermeer equipment when i worked there and to my knowledge it was just diagmaster. We hooked up to anything with a kubota in it that got brought in vermeer or not. Kubota gas was the only thing that was different. Not saying youre wrong though. Some companies lock that crap up for some reason. I called kubota for parts in a bobcat and they couldnt look it up based on SN cause bobcat had it locked out.