• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2024 620gp questions

Grader5449

I work for the City of Colorado Springs in the Park and rec department as a Senior Heavy equipment operator for almost 8 years now. We have had a 95 champion 710A motor grader then a 2002 Volvo motor grader then we have just purchased a 2024 John Deere 620GP with joysticks. It has all of the added automation added this is the first time I have operated a Deere with joysticks and all the machine pre-sets. The steering is a little touchy and I am still getting used to that. Is the steering sensitivity adjustable and how do I get the blade stow preset to work? I checked to be sure it was installed and it is. Thoughts?

Welder Dave

Nothing in the operators manual? I recall reading the sensitivity is adjustable on Cat graders so think it would be on JD graders as well.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Any time we have ever bought a new machine, someone from the dealer has come and shown features, and talked about service. I always thought that was standard practice. When we bought our first Maudin grader. The guy came all the way from the factory to show me stuff, and answer questions

Grader5449

Any time we have ever bought a new machine, someone from the dealer has come and shown features, and talked about service. I always thought that was standard practice. When we bought our first Maudin grader. The guy came all the way from the factory to show me stuff, and answer questions
Yeah, they were supposed to originally but later when we took possession of it they said no.. I have operated a blade since 2000 but this is the first new one and with all the new tech its challenging...

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Yeah, they were supposed to originally but later when we took possession of it they said no.. I have operated a blade since 2000 but this is the first new one and with all the new tech its challenging...
Great customer service