• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

226b 4 in 1 bucket does not open or close

Roby G

Hi all I'm trying to find the issue with my 226b 2004 I think 4 in 1 bucket it won't open or close it had oil leaking from both joy sticks repaired that problem clean all the oil from the electric connectors had it working for a while but it would lock so turned it off disconnected the battery seamed to reset something started working again now has stopped working had the cab up with it running tried the open close nothing didn't hear anything I thought it might be a solenoid but I don't know any suggestions would be great
TIA
CHEERS Rob

Roby G

Thanks Nige when I first replaced the joy stick the switch worked properly I'm afraid if I try to pull it apart again it will break into pieces like the old one damb new 1 was nearly $300. Just because is says CA

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
But I will look into it I have a multi meter a college (diesel mechanic) told me to test for voltage in the plugs
You don’t have to disassemble anything apart except to unplug the wiring harness connector right below the joystick at one point in the test. You will also need a set of spoons for the multimeter so that you can measure voltage in a non-invasive way when the connector is plugged back in. You can test the output of the thumbwheel on your old joystick against the one on the replacement simply by plugging/unplugging the 12-pin connector CONN 33. See below........

With the ley OFF locate the 12-pin wiring harness connector (CONN 33) directly underneath the joystick and unplug it.

1. Turn the key ON and measure the voltage between Pins 1 & 2 (wires P994 Blue & P997 Brown) on the machine side of the connector. It should be 8.0 ± 0.2 volts.
2. Turn off the key and reconnect CONN 33. Turn the key on and measure the voltage again between Pins 1 & 2 by back-probing into the connector. Confirm that it is the same as measured in Step 1.
3. With the key ON and the thumbwheel in the centre measure the voltage between Pins 3 & 2 (wires P996 Green & P997 Brown) by back probing at CONN 33.
4. Repeat Step 3 with the thumbwheel rolled all the way forward.
5. Repeat Step 3 with the thumbwheel rolled all the way back.

Post the results from Steps 1-5 back here.

1714693573515.png

Roby G

Thanks SO much Nige you are a legend i was hoping for someone's help I'm at work today so I'll give it a go hopefully tomorrow if the missus hasn't made other arrangements
Will it show voltage when the park break is on or do I need to have the hydraulics working

Roby G

Thanks SO much Nige you are a legend i was hoping for someone's help I'm at work today so I'll give it a go hopefully tomorrow if the missus hasn't made other arrangements
Will it show voltage when the park break is on or do I need to have the hydraulics working

Roby G

Will it show voltage when the park break is on or do I need to have the hydraulics wor
All you need is to do the measurements is to have the key ON at the various points where it is stated in the procedure above. If it's not ON then you're not going to measure any voltage.......
Ok thanks again for your help I'll post a reply after I try this out.
CHEERS Nige

Roby G

As you can see the green wire is connected to the button so plugged it in did a reading on the yellow (looking at the diagram in the post) & brown got some different readings
Plugged in the new one & no readings from yellow so I tried the green got readings???