• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

236B electrical died

alevins

Hi all,
While building road today was driving up incline and machine died to a stop with no electrical working, thought main circuit breaker and reset but no change, no dash light, work lights, starter work,
Horn works tho
Pulled fuse cover and moved some relays around but no change
Key on and off, no park light comes on
Any suggestions where to start would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you have a DMM and want to go poking around looking for power you'll need the electrical schematic.
To identify the correct one requires you to supply the machine Serial Number.
If the S/N prefix is HEN we need to know if the last 4 digits are above or below 8070.

alevins

does the circuit breaker supply power to the whole machine except for hour meter, horn, interior light? i seem to have power to those only
also noticed on incline i was low on oil, is there a low oil switch? I added but nothing has changed, The bucket has crept down overnight, I will try and pull it onto the level after work to see if that changes anything

alevins

i found a blown 10a ignition fuse, replaced and blows when you turn switch to run, does not blow on acc

before i start tearing everything apart, any suggestions where to start?

is it likely switch?

thank you

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Really need to start by troubleshooting it with an electrical diagram and understanding the circuit. Follow up with a good visual inspection and start narrowing down the most probable location of your short circuit.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you follow wire #105-A76 from the 10A fuse on the schematic the first connector you come to is marked "CONN 15". Find that connector (there is a diagram on page 5 with clickable hyperlinks) and pull it apart. Does the fuse still blow.?

If yes, your problem is somewhere between the fuse box and CONN 15. If no it is further downstream of CONN 15. Find the next connector and repeat the process, etc.