• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

259d blogging down

havoctec

I should have been more clear in my description.
They are telling me one absolutely needs replacing and two more should be replaced.
At that point may as well replace the fourth one.
Labor is essentially the same for one or four.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I should have been more clear in my description.
They are telling me one absolutely needs replacing and two more should be replaced.
At that point may as well replace the fourth one.
Labor is essentially the same for one or four.
That makes things somewhat clearer.
Did they tell you exactly HOW the injectors were tested.?
Are they proposing to use Reman injectors (if available) or new.?
I'd still ask them to put their money where their mouth is and guarantee you a fix by replacing the injectors or your money back.

heymccall

At minimum, somebody needs to verify supply pressure by teeing into the line from the last filter to the high pressure pump. Deeming injectors bad without that test is just plain wrong. As is not verifying that the rail pressure relief valve isn't dump rail pressure early.

The supply spec is either 3 or 8 psi. I'll have to dig to verify that value, but, having been around common rail fuel injection since it's inception, I believe the ONLY way to kill the injectors that early is to have run severely contaminated fuel through them.

Everything here points to a low pressure side supply issue. With any supply issue, the high pressure side is where all the symptoms show up.

As to doing injectors yourself, they need to be programmed (calibrated) by the dealer or equivalents software.