• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

277B Joystick

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
Is there anywhere I can order a replacement joystick for a 277B other than Cat? I'm not having any luck finding any online.

Dt

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
The boot and the complete valve assembly. We can’t find a parts breakdown or anyone that will rebuild it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
OK, so you don't have a Part Number.
What is the machine Serial Number and is the joystick you are looking for LH or RH.?

If you open up the armrest the joystick will actually have a sticker on it with the Part Number. Itll be somewhere on the bottom part of it.

I suppose at this point it might be worth asking what's wrong with the one that's in the machine now.?

Last edited:

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
The left joystick is leaking and the boot split. CAT00277JCNC02024. I’ll have to look for a pn. I haven’t seen the machine yet. I’m just trying to help to owner find a replacement that isn’t too pricey.

ThreeCW

I had a similar joystick leak on my CAT 242B ... it took me a couple of attempts, but I was able to repair the leak myself. It was leaking hydraulic fluid between the shuttle valve and upper body of the joy stick. A leak repair will likely be considerably more cost effective than replacing the joy stick. See this thread for more information:
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...2b-pilot-valve-leak-repair.80611/#post-942557