• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3054 engine 914g/IT14G Cat

andtre

Dutch Cat-King thank you for your information. We've checked hydromotor and all is fine. We also replaced ( back and forth )valve on it and nothing. It is cold now here and when we started it it runs great but when it reached working temperature machine stopped.

If there is someone with the same problem please respond to me. Maybe electric problem or if it has any unknown valves that are cousing problems... As i wrote in my last post we already checked hydropump, charge pump, hydromotor...

Thank you for your time

Per Eriksson

measure charge and signal pressure while cold and when this is happening.

Does it run good and then all of a sudden it stops both forward and reverse or is a gradual decline in performance?

andtre

Both pressures were measured, all was fine.

It looses power with temperature increase. When it reaches working temp it stops.

There is one more thing... Local CAT mechanic has put one of hoses on hydromotor directly into hyd reservoir.
He said that oil should stop running when you put it in drive position, but he one who tested hydromotor said
that it has nothing to do with that and when he put hose out it lost signal power.

I am only sure of one thing, when he put hose in reservoir, machine didn't work even in cold.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you that are trying to make this world a better place to live.

garp

that valve is the "dead engine lowering" valve. allows oil from raised loader arms to be used for pilot oil if the engine dies. if this ispartially open, pilot oil is wasted and you wont get full signal pressures to the pump.

DaleDLC

Hello, new member.
Do I start here or start a new post elsewhere?
Question- How do I remove creep-mode installed in this machine, and convert back to standard speed so as to have 35kmph (22mph) for Roading?

I just purchased a 1997 IT14G s/n 8ZM00191, with 20k hrs, 10 hrs on new rebuilt engine.
Hyds and rest of the machine works well.
I was informed that the machine had 2 speeds.
Upon delivery I realized it was 2 speeds alright but 1st gear was creep-mode 0-6 mph, and 2nd gear from 6-12mph.
Upon visiting with Cat shops/personnel, they tell me this machine is equipped with standard equipment specs for 35kmph but with creep mode installed, top speed is 20kmph. You can not have creep-mode and high speed at the same time so they say..
Per scattered documents, it appears hyd lines and wiring are in the machine.
I have opened the machine up extensively to gain accessibility so if someone can help with this issue, I would appreciate greatly your assistance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
See the illustration below. Look on the right side of the machine under the cab. Can you locate Item #6 which is the transmission control box.?
If I look under your Serial Number this item does not appear in the parts listing. If I just look under 8ZM-prefix that includes both low & high-speed machines it appears.
From the electrical schematic it appears as though this control is standard for a "high-speed" machine. The following note appears - "NOTE C: STANDARD PLUG ASSEMBLIES SHOWN. SEE LOCATION H-8 FOR TRANSMISSION CONTROL, WHICH IS STANDARD FOR HIGH SPEED AND ATTACHMENT FOR STANDARD"

upload_2020-1-11_7-32-47.png

mikebramel

I'd compare the pilot pressure going to the pump servo ... is it lower or the same

And cap off the pilot line shifting the motors displacement

Might give you some clues to what you have... Do you have pictures of the pump and motor

Kalebwhite82

Hello, new member.
Do I start here or start a new post elsewhere?
Question- How do I remove creep-mode installed in this machine, and convert back to standard speed so as to have 35kmph (22mph) for Roading?

I just purchased a 1997 IT14G s/n 8ZM00191, with 20k hrs, 10 hrs on new rebuilt engine.
Hyds and rest of the machine works well.
I was informed that the machine had 2 speeds.
Upon delivery I realized it was 2 speeds alright but 1st gear was creep-mode 0-6 mph, and 2nd gear from 6-12mph.
Upon visiting with Cat shops/personnel, they tell me this machine is equipped with standard equipment specs for 35kmph but with creep mode installed, top speed is 20kmph. You can not have creep-mode and high speed at the same time so they say..
Per scattered documents, it appears hyd lines and wiring are in the machine.
I have opened the machine up extensively to gain accessibility so if someone can help with this issue, I would appreciate greatly your assistance.
Hi Dale, we have the same issue. Were you able to do the conversion your self? Or does it need to be done by cat?

Per Eriksson

Hi Dale, we have the same issue. Were you able to do the conversion your self? Or does it need to be done by cat?
What's your serial?

Basically a high speed machine has 2 motors and a low speed 1 motor.
Dave's machine was a 1 motor setup ex factory and thus a low speed machine with creeper speed.

Kalebwhite82

8zm00333, ours is also a single motor with creeper function. Max speed is 13 mph. Its also very slugish climbing a hill. Cat mechanic has been out three times, all pressures are with in spec.

Per Eriksson

Yep, that's a "low" speed machine also.
Do you know if max engine speed was checked also?
Qften that's overlooked but it makes a world of difference if the engine is missing a couple 100 rpms on top and the throttle cable tends to stretch over time.
Spec is 2350rpm.