• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

315F Emission Code

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Cat 315 WKX00292

I will attach pictures of all the codes and status flags that are on the machine. I am starting with just looking over all after treatment wiring and sensors. Is there anything else I can do to figure out the troubled area or where else I should look?IMG_4866.jpegIMG_4867.jpegIMG_4868.jpegIMG_4869.jpeg

ahart

If there’s DEF in your tank, it seems that the tank sensor in the DEF header has gone bad. Your machine falls under service magazine M0128491 which has a new sensor kit part number 594-7019.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
The gauge inside the cab said I had a 1/2 tank of def. I topped it off and no change on the gauge. I would assume that would verify that it is the tank sensor?

Also for my own future knowledge, how did you know it was that sensor?

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
It shows that it’s $100 cheaper to get the whole manifold 591-3429. Would that be the better route?

ahart

I hadn’t noticed the group price on that. Seems odd but I’d definitely take them up on it.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Manifold will be in tomorrow morning. Will I need to reset or clear anything in ET after I install it?

ahart

I think you’ll be able to put it in and go, most you might have to do is an aftertreatment system functional test in ET.