• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3406b shrapnel!

Tyler d4c

Showed up with a slight knock listening with a screw driver sounded like number 4. Bottom end looks good. Valves have about 60 thou lash across the board. Lifter clips are all in place And found these goodies.
Could my knock sounds be absurd valve lash and these be for the compressor.

7fb51091

Attachments

• 20240414_105823.jpg
    20240414_105823.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49

Truck Shop

Odd looking pieces --.015-.030 lash, what's cylinder liner, piston skirt like?

Tyler d4c

Exhaust all are 60 plus I just checked the intakes there all 18 ish. As for the advance I haven't pulled the cover but on a parts diagram I can't pick out anything that is needle bearing like

Tyler d4c

It doesn't explain your #4 knock though. Gear train would've been across the board.
On it doesn't but does the loose exhaust valves explain it im calling a knock but to a different ear I may have a different discrimination I'm half convinced to put it together and do the valves up and see what happens

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
As long as you don't have a pan full of powdered metal, I would. Did you kill cylinders while running or just the stethoscope thing?

Tyler d4c

Just listened to it didn't think to bust the lines before I pulled it apart there's some what looks like aluminum from a aluminum connecting rod failing but not much and a few small stones someone dumped in I may just pull the come yet one more gasket done mean anything