• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

341 bobcat crowd problem

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
My older brothers 341 crowd arm quit saturday on a job. It would work if you moved the other joystick or function any direction. It also worked at full power doing it like this well enough to finish the trench he was on. Our nearest dealer wont be able to look at it for a few weeks. Is there anyone here that might be able to tell me what to check. I had this happen one time on a 230 Mitsubishi in 2001 but I cant remeber what we did to fix it.

DGODGR

If it is equiped with a pattern changer I would make sure it is fully seated in one position or the other. I have had this happen 2x on my 435. The pattern selector is behind the operators right heal on my 435. Sometimes the lever gets bumped and since there is no set screw it may move the lever out of the fully seated position. It's odd that the two times it happened to me the crowd was the only function that had a problem.
I'm not sure if the 341 has the selector in the same place or not (it still might be the problem regardless) but it would be good if you would post the year model, hours, and maybe options of the machine to help those who might try to help.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Im not sure of the year but its got 3400 hours on it. It also has the one remote for the thumb. I m not sure if it has a pattern selector on it but Ill check. Ive also heard the 2 speed switch can cause this to. Ill get to work on it in the morning Our BC dealer isnt much help at all.