• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

350 ton road train

rare ss

I was lucky enough to have a tour though these guys factory power trans

their larger prime mover is running a 760HP cummins with a powered trailer running the same engine/trans combo and 3 other side tipper trailers giving a total of 350 ton capacity allowng high speed & long haul distances

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

Lee-online

Road trains are a cool feature of Australia. I assume they are the only country that has them.

Do the drivers have to have a special endorsement on their licence or can any truck driver drive one?

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
Are those pics taken in Brisbane? One of those blokes in third pic is a mate of mine!

Refering to third pic...I don´t paid attention at chasis´s size,waooo, the men are like ants, what size of loader it would be required for loading at that height?

rare ss

Refering to third pic...I don´t paid attention at chasis´s size,waooo, the men are like ants, what size of loader it would be required for loading at that height?

Yeh, their factory is in brisbane, i should have blurred the faces to protect the innocent :)

992 size loader to load them, witht he 4 trailer (one is powered) setup they are good to tow 350 ton at 80+kmph in 60degreeC all day