• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

350B giving me a fit

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I had the pump apart after a reman and this thing is still giving me fits. Green acres some new injectors thru it, still runs like it's on 2 but balance test is different every time so I want to do leakdown and comp test. I see a couple test kits from HF and not really interested it it for every engine made. Wonder if the basic kit fits the pencil inj?

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
The back story. Was sitting outside and no one realized it had leaked water in to the air filter. No drain hole it it, never considered it was full of water. Had the intake hose to the manifold off and was running when I put the hose on.
Come right to a stop. I went,, whoops. Actually drove it to the shop on 2 with it knocking.
Bent a rod, knocked a skirt off a jug. So,, we think, not a big deal, have done a dozen similar. I order it up, we buy all 3 jugs while we are in it, 3 new exhaust valves. Fuss over it like a new baby and wants to start with air in it, get it all purged up and barely runs. Put new filters and lift pump, starts and runs ok, next day back to the same spitting bitch. Sini figure maybe it puked the flex ring in the pump,,, no, pump looks like it came out of the box.
Be different if we were virgins to this job, we didn't have front of the motor off when we fixed it so we tear it apart the other day hoping for a sheared key,, no such luck. Put it right back. My helper and secretary is learning swear words and going to learn to drink. Had the engineer out to watch over me and check all timing, spot on. Did I miss something sheared in the inj pump? Watched my tech fuss over the valve grind. All have lash.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
Changing injectors, after a balance test figured wtf and bought 3 new. Secretary can change one in 5 minutes. IMG_20240108_151107.jpg

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
My gas engine comp test kit goes to 300,,, any way to make an adapter from old injector for it and for a leak down test?