• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4 in 1 bucket wont stay open

Charliedeltatango

Hi guys, newbie to these forums and was hoping someone would have a solution to the issue I’m having with my 4 in 1 bucket or auxilary hydraulic system.

I have a 2020 CAT 249D and when I open the 4in1 bucket, it slowly starts to close by itself and vise versa, when its closed all the way, if I tilt the bucket all the way down, the 4in1 starts to open slowly by itself. The thumb switch works fine, i also tried to switch to another 4in1 bucket and still the same issue. The only way it’ll stay closed or open is when I hit the continuous flow rocker switch. I can’t figure out why the auxiliary hydraulic pressure doesnt hold. any help is appreciated.