• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4 Way Blade Adjustments

Girth_Brooks

Occupation
Mechanic/Welder, Operator/Labor
We have a komatsu 65ex with 4 way blade and had the arm, with hoses, slip off a couple times before i got it tuned in. Should the 2 tie rods, from arm to back middle of blade, be pulling in to hold everything square or maybe relaxed. I feel like im missing something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31

DanielB

Occupation
Retired, Heavy Equipment Mechanic of 30 years
This sounds like your trunion ball is worn bad. If you take off the back cover or we call it the cap. is the ball still rounded. If it is more flat where it contacts the cap. You should either replace it. Or have it built back up with Weld. A then shim it where it will turn with little to no resistance.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums DB! Glad to have you.

DanielB

Occupation
Retired, Heavy Equipment Mechanic of 30 years
Thank you , Hopefully I can be some help to someone.

Girth_Brooks

Occupation
Mechanic/Welder, Operator/Labor
This sounds like your trunion ball is worn bad. If you take off the back cover or we call it the cap. is the ball still rounded. If it is more flat where it contacts the cap. You should either replace it. Or have it built back up with Weld. A then shim it where it will turn with little to no resistance.
I have replaced the ball on each side few years ago and the caps. Its probably the arm side wore to **** the more i think

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I have the whole D65 EX-12 manual right here on my computer. I would be more than happy to email it to you if I knew how to do it. Stuff like that gets over my head pretty fast.