• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450j Deere won’t calibrate

Blake G

I recently ran into a problem where my left speed sensor wouldn’t read rpm’s. I swapped sensors and the problem followed the sensor. I’ve always noticed when you put the dozer in forward or reverse it would always track faster on the left side.I replaced the sensor with a new Deere part. After replacing the sensor it was back to running and it read the rpm’s but still had the problem with it tracking a touch faster when you put it in forward. I’ve ran it with the new sensor for roughly 15 hours. Today I decided to calibrate the transmission controller. I had several issues through the first step but was able to get past that. I’m now getting 2 codes from the controller which are F3A7 F3E6. I’m away from my manuals and I need to try to get this running by Monday. It won’t move at all now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I did this with the fluid at 150 degrees. Also the serial # is 148104.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
F3A7 - Left Forward Pump Threshold Calibration too High
F3E6 - Left Reverse Pump threshold Calibration too Low

First thing I would try since it is failing the calibration at that point is to perform a Null Adjustment on that pump.

Blake G

First thing I would try since it is failing the calibration at that point is to perform a Null Adjustment on that pump.
Do you have a procedure of how to do that? I have very little experience with these dozers

Blake G

Disregard I finally got access to a test manual plan on getting the stuff tomorrow to be able to get gauges on it. Do you happen to know what thread the plug is that you have to remove to put gauges in is?

landonjanes

Thanks for your help! I ended up doing a null adjustment on the left side pump. I then went back through the calibration procedure and it was able to move on its own. I then took it outside of my shop and calibrated it under its own power ( not on jacks ) and its never tracked this good before!!
Looking for info on how to complete null adjustment referenced above