• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

480C Case Backhoe Power Shuttle Install

iceman_2525

I'am very new to backhoes and working on them so any help would be greatly appreciated. I had to replace the power shuttle in my 480C case backhoe and in the manual it tells me to turn the engine manually when putting the new power shuttle back in to align everything. My question is, how do I turn the engine manually? Thank you very much in advance for any help.

bannerd

I have a 580c that I just went through the power shuttle and had to put a leaking seal in. You want to do this all by hand, do not force anything or you will ruin the pump. I was able to lift the tranny out and in by myself. The unit is very small and probably weighs 100lbs or less. Once you get it into the torque converter, rotate the yolk and you'll feel it engage. At this time it will also just slide right in. The idea is to get the splines mated.