• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

503 Galion hydraulic fluid filter

Sean Jackson

Brought this one back from the dead need some help anyone know where i can fined the correct filter for the hydraulic tank also the best manual for it, plus fluids , what type of grease should i use I is a nice unit and would rather do preventive maintenance then have it brake when i need it
serial no 503-HDC-05690 if you have any info on it let me know
I also did did a motor transplant in it it had a d-236 or d- 282 soif you need parts for your let me know

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Brought this one back from the dead need some help anyone know where i can fined the correct filter for the hydraulic tank also the best manual for it, plus fluids , what type of grease should i use I is a nice unit and would rather do preventive maintenance then have it brake when i need it
serial no 503-HDC-05690 if you have any info on it let me know
I also did did a motor transplant in it it had a d-236 or d- 282 soif you need parts for your let me know
Look up my posts on 503's there are several.

Sean Jackson

thanks do you know of a good service Manuel I can get i want to make sure I am put the right fluids in and the right levels

Sean Jackson

thats the king of stuff i need thanks for all your help got to us it today works relay good hope you don`t mind me ask questions
Thanks
Sean

Sean Jackson

one the finail drives you fill both sides half way up like it says in the picture below and then the trans axle up to fill plug in the back of the trans axle below the bell housinggrader filler.jpg

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
There is a plug on the side of each final drive, fill it to that level. The decals are usually put on haphazard so it doesn’t necessarily mean to that level. The transaxle is filled to the plug on the ring gear cover.
When the double 60 chain driving in the finals break, STOP IMMEDIATELY and at least fish out the broken strand of chain. DO NOT try to repair with a master link, only put in a new piece of chain. I’m just trying to pass on some wisdom from 30 some years working and running these machines.

Sean Jackson

want to go throw the brakes of the grader is there any tricks to getting the hubs off or any other pointers you can give me thanks

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
The hubs are a bit of a task to remove, first you will have to sacrifice a nut to make a knocker. Cut out a frying pan shape of 1/2” thick steel and weld it solidly to the nut. On the hub to remove, turn on this knocker( with the nut removed and washer) and tighten it up against the end of the spindle by tapping it around with a hammer. Now jack up the OPPOSITE side of the machine and hit the knocker a hard SQUARE hit with a #12 sledgehammer. Usually a couple hits brings it loose. Lower the opposite side and jack up the hub you are on and take off the knocker and remove hub, wheel, and tire as a unit.
Fastenal can get you a new hub nut that’s castellated, truth be told they really ought to be replaced when you take off a hub.
In case I wasn’t clear, the hub to be removed has to have an inflated tire on the wheel mounted to it.

Sean Jackson

thanks for your help I can do that hoping i can rebuild the wheel cylinders it has not had much preventive maintenance but it is coming along any idea what hydraulic filter would work in this
thanks for all your help

Sean Jackson

Hi I was wondering if you new of a place I could find a set of rippers for this unit the ones that mount on the front right in front of the blade
Thanks Sean

Sean Jackson

It is a Series A i will include some pictures I am also looking for the brake band band assemble that goes on the front of the transaxle I have the laver but need cable hardware and band all help would be appreciated

Attachments

• grader a.jpg
    grader a.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 12
  • grader id #.jpg
    grader id #.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 12
  • grader brake band.jpg
    grader brake band.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
  • grader rippers.jpg
    grader rippers.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 13

Sean Jackson

Looking for the brake band for the trany brake ( emergency brake} anyone have any ideas where i could find one or the best way to make one
Thanks
Sean

Sean Jackson

Need some more help the splines on my hydraulic shaft are bad and one have any idea's where I could fined another or what to do it is 11 spline male endgrader2.jpg gader.jpg gader.jpg

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Those are getting hard to find in good shape, I believe Komatsu has abandoned parts for these but don't quote me on that. The engine needs to come out now to replace the drive spline in the flywheel also. Options are have a machine shop fab up some pieces for a repair, or install a new pump somehow to the motor front like a backhoe. The ones I motor swapped, I put in a front mounted hyd pump and it made a much better machine to operate.