• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

55 Michigan-Carke air brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseybow

Desperately need help on my 1970 loader. Does anyone know why my brakes are locked up and won't release. It is an air over Hydraulic system. When I last started it,I tapped on the brake pedal a few times because the brakes were locked up. I pushed down really hard once and heard a load exhausting of air and pedal when soft. It did air back up to a normal pedal again, but still locked up. If I disconnect the line to the front air tank to empty it, the push rod retracts and unlocks brakes. They will begin locking up again once air tank refills without the pedal being pushed. Possible stuck treadle valve or perhaps EQR valve for brake cluster?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
This looks like a duplicate to the post I replied to so a little note here. If you post something you might not see your original post till someone replies to it.

There is a way to see your posts but before that I think you have to click on your Avatar, right now yours is the big C, you should see it over to the right next to the envelope thing on the same line of the home page that says Forums, What's new and Members

Caseybow

This looks like a duplicate to the post I replied to so a little note here. If you post something you might not see your original post till someone replies to it.

There is a way to see your posts but before that I think you have to click on your Avatar, right now yours is the big C, you should see it over to the right next to the envelope thing on the same line of the home page that says Forums, What's new and Members
Thanks ksHansen.
I am new to this forum so I am still trying get familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.