• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580b ck does not have push power

Roid

Thanks to all. Especially Stinky64 and Tinkerer. Looks like I’ve got work to do. Sorry I did not know the hydraulics were so much diff on mechanical shuttle vs power shuttle. My manual doesn’t give the diff between them. I knew I didn’t have the filters and lines that you all were talking about. I thought it was more of an electrical thing on power shuttle. I’m going to give it a try since adding fluid to torque tube and see if any better. Gears don’t grind when using clutch so I was thinking it was a diff issue. If not I guess I will tear apart. Will give update. Thanks again

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Roid, don't have any experience with a B, but as far as TractorData is concerned that 1972 580B CK comes with 8 speed syncro shuttle or 4 speed power shuttle don't know if a conventional clutch was an option. I think the B was like it's predecessor the original CK and had a pick-up tube screen issue that has been discussed in extensive detail in these forums. Do more research before you split your machine. EDIT.. Just went to the GRT ranch videos and apparently you are missing the control valve that tinkerer posted a picture of that should live where that flat plate is in your picture? Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Last edited:

Roid

I’m looking hard for info but most info is on power shuttle. I’m certain it is a mechanical shuttle. Case industrials parts diagrams show exactly what I have on the mechanical shuttle view. Plate, bolts, linkage is all the same. If I get trans serial number, that should tell me exactly what it is correct?

Abseim

I’m looking hard for info but most info is on power shuttle. I’m certain it is a mechanical shuttle. Case industrials parts diagrams show exactly what I have on the mechanical shuttle view. Plate, bolts, linkage is all the same. If I get trans serial number, that should tell me exactly what it is correct?

Here is a link to the service manual for the 580b CK in pdf if you don't already have it. It shows a mechanical shuttle, a power shuttle, and even a hydrostatic shuttle.

Roid

Thanks I have a user manual but I know now it shows power shuttle since it says to change filter. I can definitely use a service manual.

Abseim

Thanks I have a user manual but I know now it shows power shuttle since it says to change filter. I can definitely use a service manual.

I went with farmmanualsfast.com, they have great email support and they helped me find all the manuals for my machine. It's a bit cheaper and more convenient for me to have them in pdf vs the hardcopy.

These older machines were built on ag tractors, and there are separate manuals for the loader and the backhoe.

The parts manuals for all three have been really helpful in figuring out what I have. And I've ordered dozens of parts from Dale at ebackhoeparts.com at very responsible prices. Almost every part in stock for a 55 year old machine, I'm really thankful!

Roid

A36155 Case is the serial number on the transmission. And after going thru diagrams I am positive it is a mechanical shuttle. Thanks for info.

Roid

That’s the gear shift cover number. Will dig some more to find trans serial number.

Abseim

Interesting thread. ebackhoeparts.com does not work for me.
Whoops, it's e-backhoeparts.com. You have to call Dale to place an order. He is a human encyclopedia of Case part numbers.

In one example, I was looking for new swing tower bushings, could only find them online for $100 each and I needed 4. Dale knew of an alternative part number that was only $18.

Roid

Thanks. I’m going to do some testing in the next couple of days. I’ll let you all know what happens