• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580B shuttle problems please help

Jakester55

Excuse me if this is a repeat of a previous question asked. Good morning. Not really new here, have been reading posts for a couple years, but this is my first post. Having pretty much the same issues as others with these old 580b shuttles. Morning sickness, sluggish engagement or none when good and warm. Forward seems to work well until it gets warm then will not engage, usually will move the machine but no power. Forward works well when cool. What I am experiencing is different than others, there is NO reverse when hot, and always hesitates going into reverse. Dash gauge will not rise in to the green in reverse when hot but sometimes will positively engage in forward (no power)until it cools for a few minutes. I have changed the fluid and flushed the system as best I could. I was unable to get the drain plug out of the converter. I have not drilled "the hole" and cleaned the screen yet, next project! The thing that has me confused is the difference between forward and reverse. Brakes were not working when I got the machine and I am assuming reverse was used as the the brakes for a long time. Does anyone have any idea why reverse is so much worse than forward? clutches? Oring maybe? Seals. I am lifetime wrench bender but not much experience with automatic transmissions or anything like this shuttle. Gear boxes are a breeze. I am thinking about Marvel Mystery oil to cut any varnish. And maybe running half ATF to increase the viscosity of the oil. A friend suggested Lucas Stop slip additive, thoughts? Anyone tried Seafoam in one of these? Any suggestions or info will be immensely appreciated! You guys are awesome!

Jake