• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

590D Auto isle swith issue

I recently purchased a 590D that is great shape and only 4300 hours. I am trying to figure out the issue with my auto idle switch. I turn it off and on and the light doesn’t come on and the function doesn’t work.

i pulled off the switch and cleaned it and test the wiring connector and it has 1 hot lead out of the 4 wires when the ignition is turned on. Do I need a new switch and where could I get one?

Thank you

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF John;)!

If you have voltage to pin 1 of the auto idle switch, make sure you have a good ground at pin 2 (black wire). Maybe run a jumper from pin 2 to ground to see if the Auto idle light lights up. Also see if you have continuity between pins 3 and 4 (green/black wire to brown wire) when switch is pressed. Post results.

Thank you for the info. I suck at everything electrical!!! When I was testing for voltage I was using an idiot light (alligator clip on one end and light on the other) all I did was put one end to a ground bolt and test all pins for power and found that one pin had power and that one lit the idle light.

would your listed procedure still work?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I suck at everything electrical!!!

We'll walk you through it. Go to Harbor Freight and buy yourself a cheap digital voltmeter. I'll give you test points to check when you have it.

Also post a picture of your switch from the wiring side (with the wires connected). It will help with the test points.

Does your propel speed system work (Rabbit/Turtle)?

Good Morning, Sorry i have not got back to you all. I finally got a Voltmeter and ready to start diag the auto idle switch. I was incorrect about the track speed working, the light works for track speed selector but the actual speed does not change when i toggle the switch.

Thank you for any HELP!!

Pictures

Attachments

• BADFA5AB-B676-4B6A-9665-E5F576622F9C.jpeg
    BADFA5AB-B676-4B6A-9665-E5F576622F9C.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 047B4381-D58F-4898-897D-FBDA7D0AF138.jpeg
    047B4381-D58F-4898-897D-FBDA7D0AF138.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
the light works for track speed selector but the actual speed does not change when i toggle the switch.

Two speed not working with the auto idle not working may be related.

First, with your auto idle switch plugged in, backprobe the wires (carefully) with the red lead of your volt meter (black lead attached to a good ground) with the key switch on/engine off to check voltages.

Terminal #1 with the auto idle switch off (red/black wire) should have 24 V
Terminal #1 with the auto idle switch on (red/black wire) should have 0 - 0.5 V
Terminal #2 with auto idle switch both on and off (black wire) should have 0 - 0.5 V
Terminal #3 with the auto idle switch off (green/black wire) should be 4 V
Terminal #3
with the auto idle switch on (breen/black wire) should be 0 V
Terminal #4
with the auto idle switch on/off (brown wire) should be 0 V

I kept forgetting to bring my volt meter to test this weekend. On Saturday the auto idle was not working then about an hour into the job the auto idlestarted working but the light was not on. The next the the light was on but it would not auto idle. Seems like maybe a connection issue? When I first started on Sunday morning it clicked a couple times before starting. It sounded like it was coming from the key area in that console. The batteries are fully charged.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Jcle;)!

if you don't mind, start a new post with your model, serial number and a little more specifics about your issues. Swing weak, slow or not working at all? What about the rest of your functions?