• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

613 c ii ect

ILLICEMAN

Occupation
FARMER ex CHEVY DEALER
Looking intopurchase of a good 613 c.I don,t want a 3208 engine.Are these good units?Thanks

DPete

Ours are a 3116 straight 6. We have 2 one is a water pull 1996' 8LJ1386 the other a scraper2001' 8LJ2194 , good for clean up and tight places. Not much leg room in the cab for a tall guy. Good elevator power, steering valveing is different than a 623, takes some getting used to. Ridgid suspension as in none. Good visibility cleaning up grader windrows. Brakes are air over hydraulic disc, not crazy about the system but they work. No air drier for some reason. They are good at what they are designed for but small for bulk dirt. Hope this helps

ILLICEMAN

Occupation
FARMER ex CHEVY DEALER
Thanks sounds good.I will use it for the farm 100-150 hrs per yr.Also lookingat JD 752 series.Thanks again

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Don't be afraid to look at John Deere 760's either.. 3 axle scrapers but I was told by the old scraper hands it was one of the best finish machines ever made.
If you are over 5'8 you'll need to break your right leg or learn to use your left foot to run the 613's and be comfortable in the cab. B's and C's are a bit tight for tall guys! The later C's were good machines for what they are designed for.. sure beat the muffler under the tranny design of the older units!

Alan

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
equipment operator (Coffey County, KS)
I run one just about everyday 8LJ02164. Good machine, monster tough. We have an older B water wagon with a 3208, surprisingly it seems to have a little more power (maybe torque or something I don't know). The ride is rough, but I've gotten used to it. I haven't been around many other paddles, but I've heard that there are some interesting arrangements out there as far as floor/ejector, so that may be something to look a little more into. Don't ask a mechanic about them, because they all seem to HATE working on them! Hope this was some help.

ILLICEMAN

Occupation
FARMER ex CHEVY DEALER
Well I have been looking at both a 613c or Jd 762.Right now I am leaning towards the cat.I don,t thinl I want the 3208 but I could be wrong.Thanks everyone for your information it has really helped.
I did call about cost of replacement chains Cat 1500 JD 2600.
Keep the information coming and thanks again