• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

660/666 Cat Scraper info

JD in Reseda

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
660's in Porter Ranch Calif

Parking lot for 660 fleet

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2,046
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,122
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2,576
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,962
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,008

JD in Reseda

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
660's on the haul road

7-8 minute rounds, what a long day...

Attachments

• PICT9216.jpg
    PICT9216.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Cat%20056.jpg
    Cat%20056.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,129

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
Awesome pictures...shame they are laid up.....how much money laying there idle?...a small fortune my guess

Kwabbus

HELP! CATERPILLAR 666 Scraper Sales brochures & Specsheet WANTED!

Who can help me with a original [or a PDF] sales brochures or specsheet from the CATERPILLAR 666 Scraper?

So please check out your archives and send me an PM!

Thanks Wouter

old jack

Occupation
grader operator
them two earthpro ones are working [ a couple of weeks ago] at the brickworks in rochdale.
i didnt know roy davis was tied up there. he took me for a lot of money a few years ago. thats another story.
old jack.

Kwabbus

Who can help me with a original [or a PDF] sales brochures or specsheet from the CATERPILLAR 666 Scraper?

So please check out your archives and send me an PM!

Thanks Wouter

Greg, Graham and Ad many thanks for the pictures and PDF files you have sended me.

Very glad with this help. Now its just time to wait for the scale model to pop up!!

[If someone has an original brochure I'm still interested]

Tvan

Occupation
Supervision now Days
Broke in on DW 20's 67c models during the early 60's in NM,Building inter- state hwy system

Randy Krieg

Occupation
Test Pilot/Operator @ Caterpillar's Tucson Proving
The Original Dream Machine

My Favorite Model helps to bring back the good old days.

Attachments

• Triple 6 Models 003 (Small).jpg
    Triple 6 Models 003 (Small).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3,034
  • Triple 6 Models 002 (Small).jpg
    Triple 6 Models 002 (Small).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,180

Gavin84w

Did you get a McCoy version as well Randy? Thats a nice looking display there, any chance some more pics of the collection can be put up?

Randy Krieg

Occupation
Test Pilot/Operator @ Caterpillar's Tucson Proving
Gavin
No I didn't get the McCoy version, I thought really hard about it. I'm saving my money for all the D9s I have on order. That and there's a few others coming up that I want.

HEF won't let us post the same pictures twice so here's a link to a page I posted on last year showing part of my collection. https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?t=16650&page=2

Regards, Randy

Gavin84w

Thanks for the link randy, thats a nice collection for sure.

Gotta tell you that McCoy version is really nice, i was a little iffy when announced with the green ROPS and all but i ordered it anyways and am happy with it and i don,t think the green ROPS takes away anything at all from the model.

Happy New Year Soon
In the late 70s & 80s i work at a strip mine that had 9- Cat 660s with 100 ton Athey belly dump beds. They all had dual rear drive tires 21-49. I dont have any pictures, i sure regret it. Thanks for the memories

Gavin84w

Happy New Year Soon
In the late 70s & 80s i work at a strip mine that had 9- Cat 660s with 100 ton Athey belly dump beds. They all had dual rear drive tires 21-49. I dont have any pictures, i sure regret it. Thanks for the memories

Any ideas what become of them? where might they be today one wonders.

621_Rocker

Happy New Year Soon

I would like to see some photos of those in action.

I think they were all scraped, some parts were saved. They had repowered 2 with 1155 cummins engines,with right side exhaust stacks . Worked very well. I drove back to were the shop is 2 years ago and everything in side was were we left it the last day, the parts dept.is full of new parts for 660s and many other types of equipment, we keep about 15- D8H running everyday many new parts for them. You can see why corp. heads always need more money, they better at wasting it than making it. Days gone forever, they were good why it lasted. Life is still good,just wish are great country could get it going again.