• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

6A8708 hose assembly details?

mitch504

Cat 215c serial number 4hg00473

I started to title this thread "Hey SIS-Guys", but I thought somebody might take that wrong. :D

I was down in the woods about to pull this hose off when the weather suddenly went bad fast. I was afraid if I stayed to do it I might have to walk out to get phone service and get somebody come get me so I could get a tractor to retrieve my truck.
I seem to remember a book that gave the specs on how to make up a particular hose. Can any of you guys who have higher level SIS access than I do get the specs on this hose so I can make one before I go back out there?

Thanks, Mitch

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If it's an original-spec hose it has reusable couplings. It should have, considering it's XT-5: -

1 x 2P3930 Straight Cat O-ring Flange Cplg
1 x 2P3931 90-deg Cat O-ring Flange Cplg
2 x 5P1027 Sleeve
126cm of 5P0200 .75" I/D XT-5 Hose
114cm of 6V0756 Spiral Wire Armour Guard

mitch504

Thanks Nige. I will be making this hose with crimp fittings. Are either of those fittings 12-16, or are they both 12-12?

mitch504

Well, the other 3 in that spot have been replaced with 4 wire crimped hoses over the last few years and are doing well. I really have very little other choice even at Blanchard Cat. I suppose they could order complete assemblies, but all they normally do is make crimped assemblies. I have had them try to reuse the fittings a couple of times and we were able to press the sleeves off, but were unable to remove the hose from the fittings.