• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

7 km gravity sewer main picks

792DLC

I couldn't see the wheels on yours. Must have been the angle of the picture or something.

I also didn't realize it was hitched up to the hoe. I was wondering how you drug it, as it looked a little light for the usual method of grabbing the top spreader bar and dragging it like a shoring box.

How are they stabbing the pipe? Barring it in, or do you have a tool for that?

I guess they are using the 350 to push the pipe together?:eek:

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
nope we just use bars it has been going realy easily, Ipex had some troubles with their gaskets on the first couple lifts of pipe but they changed them out for us

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
Funny you should mention the Ipex gaskets, we had a couple bad lifts as well and had to dig up 1000 ft of pipe!

Yea ipex reps flew in over nite with a bunch of new gaskets and personaly changed them out in their suits and ties, but its hard to find them all because the pipe is all bundled togeather and u may only find 2 in a bundle or none at all. We had 2 leaks so far from gaskets and ipex made up for it by giving out alot of hats,shirts and jackets so we wernt so upset anymore.

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Deeretime, asking others on this forum "what they think" of your pictures is a loaded question (ha ha). I think your pics are really good. I put pipe in the ground for a living & it looks like you have a good set up. Neat looking work & nice looking equipment. I like the rock tub with the pipe rack on it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
I gotta the question.....How the hell do you guys get away with that?....the sides of the trench?...and the 360 parked there?....

ditchbitch

I think that there set up is safe. I have worked in much worse conditions than that with out a stupid box. And for your stone boat that is a great idea I now plan on doing that with ours.

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
I think that there set up is safe. I have worked in much worse conditions than that with out a stupid box. And for your stone boat that is a great idea I now plan on doing that with ours.

That sounds great the only thing i would change is that i would use a heavy trailer pintle hitch to attach the two of them. I'm realy glad that i used the steel pipe for rollers and i havent seen any wear in the roller system and were at 6085M along now. Good luck if u have any questions send me a pm and i will see if i can help

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Read the first part of the thread and stick to ur union job bud!

Now we all know the position that HEF has on Union vs Non union - NEUTRAL!!

Any further comments that serve no purpose other than fanning the flames of the Union/Non Union debate will be dealt with accordingly!

dayexco

i should probably had never commented on in what my opinion was an unsafe situation. in his regulating jurisdiction, apparently all that's there is a standard and accepted practice. i guess i don't care what OSHA or the canadian derivitive is....i'd still NO way run an excavator parallel to an excavation, let alone have men underneath me.

d4c24a

union

Now we all know the position that HEF has on Union vs Non union - NEUTRAL!!

Any further comments that serve no purpose other than fanning the flames of the Union/Non Union debate will be dealt with accordingly!

plantman ,like me is from the uk ,and we don't have a union system like yours
so that comment means nothing to us :D and i totaly agree with the above by CM1995
frankly if you do not want comments on your pictures don't post them
you can tell me all day long how save the trench is
but i still would not be that guy in the bottom of the trench looking up at that machine ,end off

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
its not that I don't likee criticism about my excavation I was anoyed that some people didn't. read the other posts explaining that my governing sanctions were on sitealready.
as for the union coment it was inapropriate and I apologise. I wish there were more people that would post some of there excavation picks because some are very impressive.

heavylift

I think the ditch may be perfectly fine... as in the back fill photo it appears the ditch is 3x the size of the dozer...

as for photos.... angle...distance and height is everything...

as for the U or non U.... well It really doesn't make a difference.... I've dug lots of ditch for union workers... Been asked to dig again for union workers... ran cranes...

they get their check .....i get my check... that's all that really matters... well also and that everyone went home safe..

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
Awesome pics, and procedure.
I have been many places in this forum from A-Z and thats the first V bucket I've seen. "Respectfully" I too saw reasonable concern with the placement of excavator and men below, the land in my area would not tolerate this so gracefully.