• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

792DLC with long reach extension

792DLC

So here are some pics of the 1995 792DLC with 25ft long stick. It has a 1yd 6ft wide bucket. To attach it to the hoe we simply drop the bucket and hook on. It supposedly weighs as much as our twister bucket but we have never weighed it. It is not Tippy like you would expect it to be. I'll post some more pics in a bit.

Attachments

• P1030674.jpg
    P1030674.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,392
  • P1030728.jpg
    P1030728.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,302
  • P1030699.jpg
    P1030699.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,258

792DLC

Here are some more pics. From the pics you can kinda tell how our quick attach works. It's a WBM Manual wedge quick-attach. The only reason I am telling you this is if you look at the last pic you will see two half moon clamps where the quick-attach is. That is a safety feature just in case the wedge bar bolts break or come loose so the stick doesn't just go flying off. In the second pic you can see the quick-attach on the machine, if you look you can see an extra hole for a pin. That is where that wanted us to put the pin off the bucket cylinder linkage so we would have more breakout(I think). We have never moved the pin to that position. Oh yeah you probably want to know how we run it. So under the hydraulic tank there is a block where all the pilot control hoses go so we stamped pairs of quick couplers put them on the pilot hoes and the block. So we can change the pilots to run this like normal and change over for other controls for like I think $150.
Here is how we change it.
Standard-------> Long Stick
Stick------------> Twist pedal
Bucket----------> Stick
Twist pedal-----> Bucket

The controls stay the same but what they run change and it works really good. This takes like 5 minutes to change.
Any Questions?

Attachments

• P1030559.jpg
    P1030559.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,132
  • P1030558.jpg
    P1030558.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • P1030557.jpg
    P1030557.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,152
  • P1030560.jpg
    P1030560.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • P1030567.jpg
    P1030567.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,172

792DLC

Some more pics. 1st with it stretched out on the ground. 2nd down in the canal. 3rd over a 544H.

Attachments

• P1010536.JPG
    P1010536.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,115
  • P1010543.JPG
    P1010543.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,127
  • P1010546.JPG
    P1010546.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,211

792DLC

I've never seen anything like that! How common are these?
I think WBM has only made 6 this being the longest. We have a friend who has a 916 Kobelco(think thats right 400 size?) he has a 22ft with I think a 2 yd 7 or 8ft Gradall bucket on it. Plus his twist is a 5yd cleanup converted to a twister my dad can stand up in it he is like 5ft6in.

792DLC

And no tip at all with 1 yard of wet muck fully extended over the side with standard counterweight??
Fully extended it will tip a little. I have never had it fall right over. The machine weighs way more then book. Specs say 60,250lbs my dad says it weighs 68,000lbs with the twister. Twister weighs around 3500lbs or maybe a little over.

RKO

Long stick

I had a couple sticks like that for the old Cat 225 and JD 690E before I changed to a true long reach. Mine were made In Mn. by a company called Add a Stick if i remember right. They were OK when I was doing an occasional long reach job, But they are not as good as a true long reach you are working them all day. I have seen a couple sticks break from an Add A Stick. One being my 225 Cat. That is alot of stress for a standard stick.

792DLC

I had a couple sticks like that for the old Cat 225 and JD 690E before I changed to a true long reach. Mine were made In Mn. by a company called Add a Stick if i remember right. They were OK when I was doing an occasional long reach job, But they are not as good as a true long reach you are working them all day. I have seen a couple sticks break from an Add A Stick. One being my 225 Cat. That is alot of stress for a standard stick.
What broke the original stick or the add a stick? Was the original stick a short or long stick?

RKO

Add A Stick

What broke the original stick or the add a stick? Was the original stick a short or long stick?

The original stick is what broke. It was a short stick and broke right behind were the bucket pins on.I repaired it and used it to finish the job, That is when I bought my first Long Front.
John Deere test the Add A Stick at their proving grounds. First they said it was OK to use them then they said it Voided the warranty.

This is what I had
http://www.add-a-stick.net/

580bruce

That lower stick section can't have any power.This thing must take some practice to muck with.

792DLC

That lower stick section can't have any power.This thing must take some practice to muck with.
It doesn't have that much power. But It would have more if we did what I said in this post.
From the pics you can kinda tell how our quick attach works. It's a WBM Manual wedge quick-attach. The only reason I am telling you this is if you look at the last pic you will see two half moon clamps where the quick-attach is. That is a safety feature just in case the wedge bar bolts break or come loose so the stick doesn't just go flying off. In the second pic you can see the quick-attach on the machine, if you look you can see an extra hole for a pin. That is where that wanted us to put the pin off the bucket cylinder linkage so we would have more breakout(I think). We have never moved the pin to that position.

td25c

Pretty cool 792DLC.I think I'v seen that advertised in "Rock&dirt" magazine.My buddy uses what we call a "Boot".Just an add on extension to the stick.