• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850C CASE track loader with mulcher head?

roadrunner

Just wondering what kind of a mulcher head I would need to put on my 850C case loader?Can this be done or not?Do I need a seperate "power pack" added to my machine to run the mulcher and keep it cool?
What heads are the best?

roadrunner...

ScottAR

I don't know the capacity of the 850C hydraulic pump, but 25-30gpm @X,000 psi and sometimes more is required. To me, that says power pack. On the positive side, it will make a good counter weight as the larger heads are pretty heavy.

Fecon,FAE, and Cimaf seem to be the front runners
in mulcher heads these days. In design, I like the
Cimaf best.

roadrunner

That's good to know ScottAR! I figured a power pack would be necessary.I will find out more on those different heads.There is a guy around here that has a "Snipper" head on a 1150E case loader, and I don't think he has a power pack but he shouldn't need it as it is only a Shear or Snipper for logging.

roadrunner....

ScottAR

Yeah, a shear wouldn't need more hydraulic power than the
bucket. With a multiplier valve he could be running off the
bucket circuit itself.

Cimaf keeps their advertising videos on Youtube. Nearly all of
them are excavator mounts but still interesting to watch.

roadrunner

Yah that Ironwolf sure would kick @ss wouldn't it, but I was looking for something simple and not as expensive.A guy sure would not want get that machine in the swamp!
Is there a rotoray or flail or cutter of some kind that I could rig up to my machine with out a big powerpack?

roadrunner..