• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

950 Cat 8Tk05288 full warning lit up

digs2

I'm back with a full panel warning ? Seems that its electrical ? Gauges are pinned to max most all lites on ?
Nothing is wrong with the operation of the machine . Almost feels like a bad ground ? Not sure where the cluster gets its ground from ? Tach is fine Hr meter is fine , warning system is not happy !

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Does it all kick off when you turn on the key or is it on all the time unless you open the master switch.?

I'll send you an electrical schematic.

Do you know how to get at Diagnostic Codes.? if there is something Active that might help run down what the problem is.

Last edited:

digs2

Happens as soon as key goes on and stays lit up until key off .

I never like to run open master , I can flip it to see if it reveals something !

Thank you Nige for the help !!!!

I wonder where the system monitoring module is ? Seems ungrounded ?

Nige

I wonder where the system monitoring module is ? Seems ungrounded ?
Check the schematic I sent you. It's grounded through the wiring harness, Pin 2. If you follow it eventually it fetches up at the Cab ground stud. All the grounds from the instrument panel (and there ar emore than a few) go to the same place.
I never like to run open master , I can flip it to see if it reveals something !
Don't bother for now.

digs2

Ok so I got back to it and it seems the ground is ok ? I did find a couple things I was able to correct .

I now am thinking the gage module is the problem ?

I checked the price at Cat , 8500.00 !!!!! So now I need to verify if the module is in fact bad ?

Nige

I know they are not cheap but that price seems a bit much.......
What Part Number were they quoting you for.?

Did the Monitor System go on the fritz from one day to the next.? Maybe you need some confirmation from an electrician before buying a replacement unit.

BTW those units ought to be available used from machinery breakers. You would have to search online somewhere such as Machinery Trader using the Part Number of your failed unit.

EDIT: It's #1 you're looking for, right.?

1696409391220.png

Last edited:

digs2

number is 1356644 or reman OR6969. I feel like its the control box in the dash behind the instruments

The gauges on the left move but are pinned to the max and most of the warnings are lit up with buzzer and flashing

Nige

What was the price of the Reman.? Hopefully about half of new.

At that type of price I still think you need a second opinion before you condemn the controller.

If you search online also look for 112-7701, 118-2872, & 131-4803. They all update to 135-6644 and will do the same job. It would pay you to open the dash panel and find the actual Part Number on your existing controller.