• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

951c steering problem

Drsmall

I bought a 951c with a right brake issue. It wouldn't turn to the right at all, only disengage the drive. I tightened the brake band some and now steers some while going forwards and a little less in reverse. The steering pedal on that side still goes right to the floor, I'm planning to pull the top cover this weekend to check it out. Is there something imparticular I should be looking for?
Thanks
Darren

bunkclimber

pull the floor cover you should see that the return spring has either popped off its mount or broken in two. The first part of pedal travel is the steer clutch,farther towards the floor is the actual track braking action. If the spring is OK then do you have steer on the other side? you say 'only disengage the drive'-so are you steering with the steer (track)clutch or using the track brake at the bottom of the pedal travel? if you have steering(track clutch)on the other side then sounds like you still have the trans pump but maybe a blown clutch piston seal down in the bevel gear box in the rear.