• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953 locked breaks, cat A 1987

ljelter1973

I have a 953 originally it blew the right hydraulic line going to wheel motor. Lifted the old machine off the ground as far as the tracks are concerned. Recharged it with fluid and eventually I got to move in the air. Drove it about a quarter mile to where it is parked now. Finally found out you can take the bulges out to get it to move again because it would not move but it seems like the brakes are stuck have tried external pump 350PSI to 2500. Cannot get it to turn the cross inside where the bullgear Is splines plant.

ljelter1973

To Heymccall, I don't doubt it not that I've tried but everything Looks plenty aligned and I'll I see it in the bottom of the hole is a cross one side the cross is straight-up-and-down the other side it's selectly slanted. But neither of them has moved but I can take the bucket and move the tractor back-and-forth. I Just haven't seen that move so I assumed it was still locked. My next course of action was gonna be roll itTo an area with myJD Something b what the hell is it... Never mind I'm getting dressed and I'm gonna do what I'm talking about and I'll respond again hopefully within the hour

ljelter1973

Back to previous post John Deere 310B. Couldn't remember what it was called but now I did It does pool pretty good.

ljelter1973

Okay I did the pressurization of the brakes And I put one of the main gears back in and put the bucket up-and-down and I know it's put in pressure to it it's just is there sometime Philip may be let fluid out on the other side of the seal or is there a way to bypass it or I know I'm getting pressure to the brakes for sure The pump goes mime squaw. But all the other track or the track with the bull gear does is said the other track of course spins and Such not. So I know they're blood but is there a way to take fluid from the other side the backside or is there a way to bypass question mark I have to go shopping I'll come back and talk to you and thank you so much

ljelter1973

Okay, you removed the sun shaft to allow rolling?
Now, you can't get shaft back in?
I did put the sunshine back in on one side I meant to say earlier bucket forward and backwards while down and that track just slid the other of course sbutton and thank you very much for anything and for everything you have said.

ljelter1973

On my 82 953 I’ve had to do the brake bleed procedure when they wouldn’t release after repairs.
Is there a way to bleed behind the Spring load not the pressure side. With a secondary pump I can put plenty of pressure to the pressure side. Thank you very much for anything you can divulge. PS local cat dealer will hall 50 miles for free. Intuition tells me there is a quick fix

TallDan

I’m not sure all I know about are the bleed ports on the left side near the tool box. You basically hook up a clear hose from the ports to the fluid fill then run the rpm’s up and pull back on the forward/reverse lever to the brake release point without moving and hold it there until the bubbles disappear in the clear tubing. Maybe you’re talking about bleeding something else?

ljelter1973

Okay, you removed the sun shaft to allow rolling?
Now, you can't get shaft back in?
Yes,. I just figured out how to reply to posts anyway. Yes One track now can slide while the other 1's been free because I only put the sun shaft back into 1 side I also cleaned out the secondary pump and I can feel the pressure at the head of it builds plenty good. Is there a way to drain theAside of the break assembly meaning non pressurized side, Spring-loaded side. Side that engages the brakes

ljelter1973

I’m not sure all I know about are the bleed ports on the left side near the tool box. You basically hook up a clear hose from the ports to the fluid fill then run the rpm’s up and pull back on the forward/reverse lever to the brake release point without moving and hold it there until the bubbles disappear in the clear tubing. Maybe you’re talking about bleeding something else?
I am not a 100% sure. However I can pressurize to a blow out pressure I guess. 2500 psi. This was with an automotive lift pump. Plumbed it inAnd then it would pressurize pressurize the brakes and Backfeed the pump for the tranny even though the charge point works is fine too.. I'm not sure of the PSI for the charge pump because Its been a while since I've looked But90 290 something like that. I paid 850 bucks for a stupid 3000 page print of the manual and then I now have downloaded it for 70 bucks, Probably eBay I think I'll have to look it back up. This is a farm tractor for me.

Dave Neubert

If you put 2500 psi you could of blown out the seal in the brake piston does oil run out of final drive when pressurized

Leonard Elter

Leonard . Sunshaft is removed and it's still doesn't spin so assuming the breaks are locked. Is there a way to delete them? We're on flat ground. I don't need brakes reverse is just as good.

Leonard Elter

Also for anyone sorry for being so long. We're a smaller equipment dealer and it's starting to get busy Maryland. Maybe I shouldn't say Maryland that could be a bad word.

Dave Neubert

you have to pull the track motor off then unbolt the inner final drive with the bull gear to get to brakes if you go to all that trouble you might a well fix it right. if that final drive is not over filling then you have something coming apart in there