• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953d

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Has anybody had a chance to run the 953D yet? Just curious to see what operators think about it.

hvy 1ton

Both of the big construction companies in town have some on order. A couple of the hi-lift operators i know are getting upgraded. I will get some info before summer. Sorry I can't be immediately helpful.:beatsme

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Keep me posted. So you guys call track loaders hi-lifts? I really like getting different terms people call the machines we operate.:drinkup

hvy 1ton

As for the names of track loaders, there is no shortage of them. It's like Eskimos having dozens of different words for snow. They're surrounded by snow, and we are surrounded by track loaders. Most common names are track loader (duh), hi-lift, and hi-loader. I can't think of anymore at the moment but I know there are more.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
farm_boy, my guess is that those are pre-production machines... do you have a vested interest in these new kittens? :D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Where were you when you snapped those pics? The dump truck in the back ground looks European.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Yep...My "?" whats so big about the track loaders??

I am thinking about adding another loader to the mix and just wanted to know what people thought about the new ones.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Yep...My "?" whats so big about the track loaders??

Big improvements in productivity and operator comfort. It's the first overhaul of the Cat loader line since the C-series was introduced in the late 90s, and also reaffirms Cat's commitment to the track loader market.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
The 953 has a 2.4 CY bucket. Loaders use to be very popular in the southeast but hoes have taken some share. For us the track loader is a swiss army machine. It is invaluable on a pipe crew.

For doing small jobs or where you need to load a truck and grade it comes in very handy.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Big improvements in productivity and operator comfort. It's the first overhaul of the Cat loader line since the C-series was introduced in the late 90s, and also reaffirms Cat's commitment to the track loader market.

I am glad to see Cat and JD putting R&D into their track loader lines. They are really the only 2 manf. to produce a TL. ( I didn't leave out Liebehr - i include them as a JD, basically the same machine. They just don't have a presence in this part of the world.)

Has anybody had any experience with the newer JD loader?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I demo a new JD it was nice, but a 977 still has a place in my heart. They're a lot like there new dozers, I just hope the ac works better then the one in my 1050.

osborneconst

Occupation
Construction and grading
We have a 2002 655c. It has been a really good machine. It is really strong, and can push a lot of dirt. We have moved some really big rocks with this machine, some that the machine would not pick up. Nice interior and comfortable to run all day long. It is just a Liebherr with John Deere stickers on it. We also have a Liebherr 611, its a good machine too.

rino1494

I would love to run one of those. Hell, I would love to run a C model. We have a 955 and a 977 that we use quite a bit. I would love to get in the seat of one these new tractors.