• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953d

Mike126

Occupation
Owned a chain of restaurants until March 07
Cat 953D Track loader

I am trying to find out if there is a way to verify what is considered a competitive price on a 953D track loader with a multi-purpose bucket. I don't really want to call out of state, to another dealer. Any suggestions?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Welcome to the forums, Mike!

One thing you can do is to search for "auction results" on the internet.

Here's what Google came up with for, " "auction results" construction"

Check out some of those sites and you'll find what similar machines have sold for at auction.

You can also search for similar equipment for sale online. Try Equipment Trader Online, (which you can get to by clicking the logo right next to the flag at the top of this page.) :thumbsup Some of the listings may have prices shown.

And if worse comes to worst, you can always post all the details of the deal right here, and the guys will be more than happy to tell you what they think... ;)

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I am trying to find out if there is a way to verify what is considered a competitive price on a 953D track loader with a multi-purpose bucket. I don't really want to call out of state, to another dealer. Any suggestions?

A buddy of mine that is in the pipe business quoted a new 953C with quick attach bucket and forks, enclosed cab A/C, lights, guards, ect and it was $186K. Which is not bad I paid that for my '05 953C without quick attach and forks. I would expect the 953D to be around $200k. Have you got a quote from your dealer? I am thinking of quoting one and we can compare the prices.

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
So is it just the 953 that's being updated, or the 963 and 973 as well?

We have a late-model C series, like it, would love to put some time on a Cat 973D though! :cool:

We also have a 931 for around the farm... :eek:
-Josh

Attachments

• DSC00065 (Small).JPG
    DSC00065 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,599
  • DSC00099 (Small).JPG
    DSC00099 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,625

Wolf

977l

Despite all the new stuff, there is nothing like a 977 for getting the job done.

All power. It's all about power.

:notworthy

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
Can't disagree with ya too much on that one, she's a beast.

I'm even amazed on a regular basis by that 931, had a big 12,000lb+ concrete pad that fell on one of the JCB back-hoe loaders while we were undermining it. When it fell in the hole, we had to use the Hitatchi EX200 (tracked excavator) to get it out of the hole. That thing was standing on its toes, and inching that thing out of there. Ended up using the EX200 to finish up with the digging and backfilling, then sent it off to a job site, but left the concrete pad in the middle of the corral. Nothing could even budge that thing, we even tried using multiple tractors at once, but nothing. So it sat for over a year.

One day I had the 931 nearby, so I figured I'd go play with the pad for kicks. To my amazement, it pushed it no problem! I just went up to a corner, put a bit of up pressure, then pushed it out, around a corner, through some gates (a 12x12 pad through a 14 foot gate). I was even able to stand the thing on end! I didn't have quite enough reach, but I still could have flipped it over. I was amazed such a small machine could do so much, so from that point on I've always had a soft spot for tracked loaders, and I'm stilling trying to determine just what was the largest one ever made.:beerchug

-Josh

Gives you an idea of the size next to some of the tractors that couldn't budge it:

Attachments

• IMG_0123 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0123 (Small).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,571
  • IMG_0122 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0122 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,528

unimog

Don't see many of the bi-directional tractors either. I looked into some of the implements for my unimog. Does each PTO on that versatile turn in the correct direction? My front Pto turns in reverse so you have to watch what you're trying to run.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I believe the system one will be standard on the 953D. I know the few 953C's Thompson Tractor has now has system one on them.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Our D6R III has system one. Its the first machine in my fleet to have it. So far so good but it only has 500 hours on it. My D6N doesn't have it.

dirtworksequip

System one

I knew Cat was going to use it in several applications,but wasn't sure which machines were going to get it. I was in Peoria last year at the Cat Tractor Plant and viewed it there. I have only seen it on one machine in service and have yet to run anything with the System One undercarriage.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Time will ultimately tell if the system one is worth it or not. I don't have enough hours logged in to make a decision.

Deas Plant

System One track.

Hi, Folks.
From what I was told when I enquired about System One track about 18 months ago, it does not stand up well in high-impact applications such as rock work and possibly clearing. When working in clays and silts, etc., it outlasts even SALT track by quite a bit with significant cost reductions. I suspect that its viability may be somewhat application-dependant.

Whether any of the above has changed in the meantime, I do not know.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
The only machine I have that is running System-One is a D6RIII. So far we have logged about 500 hours - not enough time to tell. But it has been clearing/grubbing and working in rock for most of those 500hrs. We have not had any problem with adjustment or slippage of the tracks and this includes working on some 1:1 natural slopes.

We are going to have our product services rep. come out and measure the undercarriage at 750 hours. I should know more about it then - time will tell.