• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955 undercarriage

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What sn was the undercarriage change on the 955l and what all changed?
Basicallly the link pitch changed from 6.91" to 8.00", along with all the affected components.

As regards S/N change sorry no idea. TBH after over 40 years in service any particular machine could have old or new style undercarriage by now. All depends what an owner decided to put on it.

StumpSlinger

Basicallly the link pitch changed from 6.91" to 8.00", along with all the affected components.

As regards S/N change sorry no idea. TBH after over 40 years in service any particular machine could have old or new style undercarriage by now. All depends what an owner decided to put on it.
Thanks, could you give me general info on this one sn 71j4969? Tag was missing on the engine.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can't answer as to the year, maybe somewhere around 1972. Someone else will probably have the definitive information.

If the engine is original it appears as though it is a PC version of the 3304, which appears to have been introduced at S/N 71J4558 replacing the D330C. I remember you said "no S/N plate" on the engine so in that case all bets are off.

StumpSlinger

Outstanding guys, thanks for the info. Maybe next week I can see how it does. Seems fairly tight at least the loader part does. Needs steering breaks adjusted but cranks and runs excellent.

StumpSlinger

Can't answer as to the year, maybe somewhere around 1972. Someone else will probably have the definitive information.

If the engine is original it appears as though it is a PC version of the 3304, which appears to have been introduced at S/N 71J4558 replacing the D330C. I remember you said "no S/N plate" on the engine so in that case all
Whould the engine have the sn stamped anywhere on it?