• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955l water in oil

tlfarm

I recently purchased a 955l track loader to use on the farm. After I have been using it the radiator runs low on water and puts it in the oil. The oil is nasty gray and thicker. I pulled the vavle cover and dropped the pan today, the motor is full of the gray sluge like oil. I have a bad feeling it's probably the liners, but is there a possibilty that it could be an oil cooler or water pump. What would be the proper way of "process of limination". And if it is a liner issue do you have to pull the motor completely out? I see there is a piece of steel that covers the back quarter of the motor and the cross support is in the way to get the bolts out. Could use a little help on this. And the motor is a cat d330 from what I can tell.

overworked

What serial number do u have, should be a 3304, if ya got the pan off, top off radiator and pressurize it, u will see coolant running from liners or remove oil filter adapter from cooler and if its the cooler you will see coolant there. If its been run with water in coolant very long I would check bearings, if its liner seals I would pull the engine. Lots of quality aftermarket suppliers for parts.

tlfarm

Starting filling radiator with water and water started coming out around two of the injectors. One was quite loose, but didn't get to pressurizing the system yet getting injectors checked and new o-rings first. Could this be my problem or just a fluck?

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
semi retired and angus cattle farmer
WHERE EVER ITS COMMINF FROM I,D REPLACE THE ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS REGARDLESS. ANTIFREEZE IS KILLER ON THE BEARINGS AND IF THE ENGINE IS HI HOURS I,D TAKE IT TO BARE BLOCK AND BRING IT BACK UP/ HERES A GREAT PLACE TO BUY ENGINE PARTS, I,VE USED THESE FELLAS FOR MANY YEARS, YOU CANT BEAT THERE PRICES AND SERVISE IS IMPECABLE.
STEVE IS HIS NAME

[email protected]

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
There is also a possibility of a damaged oil cooler which is cooled by water and if it is cracked then oil is contaminated by water. Personally, I preferred to replace it by an aftermarket.

jake980

hey tlfarm... if you have coolant coming out of your injectors this is not good.... sounds like you have a cracked head.... machine was more then likely over heated severly....

eddie019

It seem that one is quite a problem most of the time i use to go in some expert for some kind of issue.Before i use to buy a truck loader at http://www.prolift.fi/ and its located at Finland country i got an issue on it and even i have some knowledge about it i still call an expert for me to make sure that i can't fix that issue.I hope this one can help.