• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955l

pittedmess

Occupation
mechanical engineer
Best solution for my problem

Would like a blade for the ole girl so I

1 Looked for the original blade group for the machine 6K1016 No Go
2 Buy a 4 in 1 but then I would have to plumb for the 3rd valve.
3 Cobble a blade off a dozer to fit the machine.

What say the experts on here?
Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. Do you plan on removing the existing loader bucket and fitting a blade..?
If that's the case and you don't want the complication of plumbing a 3rd valve then why not fit a 4-in-1 bucket but remove the clamshell part leaving you with just the backwall/blade..?

Why was the original 6K1016 blade group a no go..?

pittedmess

Occupation
mechanical engineer
Could not find the original blade group.. ...Trying to keep this as simple as possible.
Removing the bucket and installing a blade made for the machine is the best way..
Maybe I will keep looking for the blade
Listed as an option, but maybe Cat only made a few so they will be scarce a hens teeth

pittedmess

Occupation
mechanical engineer
May go with the 4 in 1..The handle 3A3505 is missing on my machine
Everything else is there except the hoses
Where is a good grave yard that such things can be found, other than making one.
Think the 977 used the same one