• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

977l brake adjust

MBX1

Occupation
Fleet Manager ( I do everything nobody else wants
I feel so good about fixing my 953 I thought I would try the old 977L, can someone explain to me the proper way to adjust the brakes ? turning left (left pedal) smooth and even turn, right turn not so. when you push the pedal it completely stops or disengages the track, there is no in between just on or off.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
On my 977H the right side would disengage but not hold the brake unless the machine stopped moving, then it would hold. This was just a simple brake adjustment. I'm wondering if yours may be set up too tight. I'd try backing it off a bit and see what happens. Hope this helps.

overworked

for a quick adjustment you can remove cover,tighten brake all the way and back off 9 clicks. would have to go to book for all the linkage adjustments,:)

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
Here are some fotos of my 955 which, i think, is similar machine to 977.
You have to remove the covers and tighten the brake in order to have the same breaking attempt for each pedal.
I hope that helped!
30112009(001)1.jpg30112009-1.jpg