• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

977L overheating

dwz28

ser # 11K4646, loader over heats after about 15-20 minutes, rebuilt radiator, new turbo and air cleaner, new water pump and thermostat, cleaned oil cooler, new coolant, no bubbles in coolant, temperature good at high idle no load

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
ser # 11K4646, loader over heats after about 15-20 minutes, rebuilt radiator, new turbo and air cleaner, new water pump and thermostat, cleaned oil cooler, new coolant, no bubbles in coolant, temperature good at high idle no load
Engine coolant temperature, transmission oil temperature, or both.?
Have you confirmed the temperatures registered by the gauge(s) using an infra red heat gun.?

If it is a reversible-blade fan, wot Nick said above.
if it is a pusher fan, is it installed the right way round.?

dwz28

Engine coolant temperature, transmission oil temperature, or both.?
Have you confirmed the temperatures registered by the gauge(s) using an infra red heat gun.?

If it is a reversible-blade fan, wot Nick said above.
if it is a pusher fan, is it installed the right way round.?
water temp is 210 when gauge gets to the red, fan pushes, pressure cap tested bad, going to try that, thx for the reply

skyking1

have you used it at all, or did it overheat from day 1 with the rebuilt radiator?
I ask because the same vintage 977 I operated, we had to blow the dust out every other day. It did not tolerate work, as it was with most of us :)

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I see you said no bubbles in the rad but have you checked for rad pressurizing from a bad head gasket ?

HATCHEQUIP

With that torque blowin oil sounds like scavenger pump not keepin up from possible screen stopped up or bad pump or sealing rings in torque. It cant get rid of it fast enough and thats whats heating the engine

dwz28

I am checking the screens and replacing filters, what did I damage when oil blew out the rear of the converter?

dwz28

changed the filter and cleaned the screens on the torque converter, now blowing fluid out the back of the converter

HATCHEQUIP

What did they look like ? Good Bad Ugly "need that Clint Eastwood music in the background"
Did you remove scavenger pump and open it up to see what it looks like while you had the screen out of torque and oil drained. If the suction screen was just stopped up with a bunch of trash you might have fixed the cause now you have to fix the blown seal. If you found steal or aluminum then its the ugly