• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few towed scraper pictures

SE-Ia Cowman

I rembered my camera today and snaped a few pictures D7Rll with 611 and a Case IH with a little ashland I900. Also got a few of the site and the outlet pipe we started laying today. We cleared 5 acres of heavy timber and then couldent use the wet gumbo-mud so they let us have a good clay knob some of the best scraper dirt I have been in this year.

Attachments

• construction and kids 026 (Custom).jpg
    construction and kids 026 (Custom).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,610
  • construction and kids 028 (Custom).jpg
    construction and kids 028 (Custom).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,454
  • construction and kids 030 (Custom).jpg
    construction and kids 030 (Custom).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 3,143
  • construction and kids 023 (Custom).jpg
    construction and kids 023 (Custom).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,164
  • construction and kids 032 (Custom).jpg
    construction and kids 032 (Custom).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3,169

casper

How is the D7R plumbed for scraper hydraulics? Is it the same hydraulic circuit as the blade controls? Also, who built your 611 tow scraper? Looks like a very scenic job.

SE-Ia Cowman

The 7R came with a 4 barrel ripper we took it off and put high flow cupplers on. with ripper valve we already had 2 functions so it was easy. The scraper has a Sequence valve on it that won't run the ejector forward until the apron is all the way up so you only need 2 functions or a total of 4 hoses. The 611 was converted by Holmes welding in Hudson Iowa. He does a realy good job of fabriction and welding. His web site is www.holmeswelding.com He also makes 30 ton dump wagons and ejector boxes for ADT's There a few things about the 611 that I dont like mostly the dump clearance and apron opening makes it hard to unload sticky clay but a lot of the problem is it rains about every other day and we havent had any realy good conditions for 3 years.

jpm123

May I use your picture of a 611 being towed by the D8? I am working on an International Levee Handbook (published by CIRIA, the UK version of ASCE) with input from some of us at the Army Corps of Engineers. No money, but attribution if you can provide me with a name and/or organization.
thanks Jim Moore

X Quad Operator

Good morning SE-Ia Cowman, you have a fine looking spread of equiptment there, that scraper the D7's pulling how many yards will it carry? was the 611 designed after a Caterpillar scraper, that stinger on the scraper it's healthy looking enough that a good old D10 could push on it with out hurting it. Will the scrapers Hydrolics lift the rear scrapers tires off the ground, and does the apron have a float position? That's a fine looking scraper. That load of dirt in the picture did another dozer push load you, or did you selfload? The other scraper the 1900, how many yards will that little cuttie carry does it lift the rear tires off the ground too, one last question does both scrapers use regular scraper cutting edges? I'm not trying to be nosey, I'm an old greading contractor and it so nice to see a company as yourself with well kept equiptment.

Mike Nebergall

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . nice rigs Cowman . . . and nice dirt. Working in arid country I seldom got that sort of loading. It had to be ripped and sometimes cross ripped and go in fast and deep, pump it twice and out of there. The aprons of the tanks and haul roads some times ended up a foot deep in talcum powder "bull dust".

This begs the question. In this day and age how would you do those jobs with hydraulic equipment? That is to say, in the cable days we would rip the floor then drop off the ripper and attach the scoop (scraper), take that floor out, drop the scoop off and so on untill the job was finished.

Does anyone pull a scraper from the main beam of the ripper and maybe drop out or retract the tines?

Any comments?

Cheers.

rk668ak

We use an old cable scraper to pull gravel out of the local creek for the township. Works great in the water and mud.