• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A sad day 31 years of ownership has come to an end

Queenslander

Probably looks as good as the day you bought it Bruce.
Does Vossy still own that trailer?
It has carried tractors for me a few times over the years.

brucew

Probably looks as good as the day you bought it Bruce.
Does Vossy still own that trailer?
It has carried tractors for me a few times over the years.
Yes thats Vossys truck and trailer yes I have had him cart the dozer before too the truck apparently he has not long upgraded to but it is still the same trailer.Actually the dozer did not look good when I bought it all those years ago but I knew it had quite a bit of work done to the motor and the RH final drive was just getting all new gears put in so I thought it was worth buying.I have put quite a bit of money not to mention plenty of welding etc. myself over the years but I can tell you I am well in front just such a honest machine

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
Looks like a great machine got all the attachments with it. What are the long arms on the side of the machine for?

Metalman 55

It would be a sad day for sure.........I sold my D4D earlier this year as well. We miss them once they are gone! Almost like a family member.

brucew

Looks like a great machine got all the attachments with it. What are the long arms on the side of the machine for?
I am not sure exactly what you are referring to about the long arms on the side of the machine but I assume you mean the treepusher that sits on top of the blade.It is for knocking down large trees it doesn't get used much now with our tree clearing laws over in Oz but it is extremely effective.The other thing that the blade is sitting on is a heavy duty rake that we use in Oz to rake up dead limbs and dead trees etc. Also it is has an angle and tilt blade which is adjusted manually hence the two arms that is directly attached to the blade but I am sure you would have blades like that in USA. The below pic shows exactly what size tree you can get down when you have a treepusherIMG_0135.JPG

mitch504

I had to let a D4E go in September, I really didn't want to, but I've done a lot I didn't want to in the last three months.

Clutch

Occupation
QC Manager @ CNC Machine Shop
Hi thanks for the reply, the tree pusher is what I was referring to. I have seen rakes on dozers before, but not a tree pusher. I also would assume they use them over here just haven’t seen one or noticed a dozer with one on it. I watched one on you tube to see it in action, looks like they are very effective for taking trees down. Your dozer must have been one usefully piece of equipment. I always find it interesting to see the different things they attached to and use track machines for. Thanks for information.

brucew

Hi thanks for the reply, the tree pusher is what I was referring to. I have seen rakes on dozers before, but not a tree pusher. I also would assume they use them over here just haven’t seen one or noticed a dozer with one on it. I watched one on you tube to see it in action, looks like they are very effective for taking trees down. Your dozer must have been one usefully piece of equipment. I always find it interesting to see the different things they attached to and use track machines for. Thanks for information.
My pleasure as far as being able to enlighten anyone in another part of the world I know personally I nearly always enjoy watching how other people use there dozers no matter where it is. I actually have a couple of short videos that my wife took of me knocking down that tree it just shows perfectly how the effective the pusher can be I should really look into put them up on you tube

Queenslander

A dead ironbark....they can be widow makers without a pusher and a decent canopy.
If you start rocking them they have a habit of disintegrating up top and raining down on the tractor.

brucew

A dead ironbark....they can be widow makers without a pusher and a decent canopy.
If you start rocking them they have a habit of disintegrating up top and raining down on the tractor.
And that tree had them hanging off it in all directions I have a video of me ripping around it first not so much because I didn't think I couldn't get it down but because I knew that if I couldn't get it down first go then there would be limbs coming down everywhere. I will have to try and put it up on youtube