• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A suggestion

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Here's a good one, get rid of the 120 second reply time between replies, I always get hit with that when I scan through the different sections, I always end up waiting, most other forums have only a 60 second limit.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Don't take this the way it'll probably sound but, If you're reading and posting to a thread that fast you probably aren't adding much substance to the thread anyway... It gets frustrating to hit the "go to last unread post" button and only see someone posted a "X2" or "great pic's" or :drinkup
Don't get me wrong, supporting other posters is great but after waiting on a slow connection for a dozen or so of those:Banghead

Just my opinion, and we all know about those...:rolleyes:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
It's in place to stall spammers a little, plus I agree with Orchard Ex's sentiments on what might be posted in that short period of time. To be honest, I've never come up against the clock in over 2000 posts.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
OK, how about a link to "subscribe to this topic" without actually having to type in something useless like X2 or :eek: ????

"This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
After reading this thread, I just went to my user CP and changed my setting to "do not subscribe". I check in here a whole lot more often than I check my email, so when I use the "new posts" button, I already see any threads that have had posts added. The little zigzaggy arrow shows which ones I've posted to, which would be the ones that end up as "subscribed" anyway.

Do you really depend on your email to remind you of which threads you want to keep up with? I'm only asking because I think it'll be a whole lot easier to keep up with my email now. It just seems to me, Ron, that if you're here as often as you seem to be, (which is probably as often as I'm here), you'd be thinking the same way I am. By the time you read the email notification it's telling you about the new posts you've already read.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
OK, how about a link to "subscribe to this topic" without actually having to type in something useless like X2 or :eek: ????

Look at the top of the thread, directly above the first post. You will see a "Thread Tools" button. Click that for a drop down menu. In that menu you will find a "Subscribe To This Thread" button. Click that button and it will add that thread to your subscribed threads folder in your "User CP".

If you want to un-subscribe from a thread, go to your "User CP". On the menu on the left, there will be a "List Subscriptions" button. Click that and you will be taken to your "Subscriptions" folder. Remove the thread to which you would like to un-subscribe.

Wasn't really sure what you were asking so I posted both ways.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Look at the top of the thread, directly above the first post. You will see a "Thread Tools" button. Click that for a drop down menu. In that menu you will find a "Subscribe To This Thread" button. Click that button and it will add that thread to your subscribed threads folder in your "User CP".

Yeah. I knew that. No really, I did...

:pointhead

Lashlander

When I post pictures I resize the ones I want to post and then move them into a different file in my computer. It makes it easy to find them and keep them sorted out. A couple times I've ran into the 120 second rule while posting more than one set. I hit it again this morning when I was testing to see if I could post again. I think its a pretty small price to pay if it keeps the trash I see on some of the other forums off this site. I snoop around a couple welding sites and it blows my mind some of the stuff posted by spammers on them. This is the cleanest, user friendly site I've found. Also stick with the size restriction. Nothing as irritating as having to use a slidebar to read all the posts because someone posted to large a photo.:drinkup

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
If you type as slow as I do there will never be a problem!!!Ron G.:D:D

Serv

I use Photopost VBgallery on my vbulletin forum. It's fully integrated with vbulletin and very easy to use and automatically resizes all photos you upload just like photobucket and keeps all members photos in their own personal gallery attached to their name. It's the fastest photo uploading of any software I've yet to see. Also, every photo can receive comments just as if it was it's own thread. It has a huge Admin control panel with a ton of features and settings.

That may be something to look into for the future. Maybe offer more gallery space for donating members later on? :D

here's some examples of what it can do.

http://www.photopost.com/sitesphp.html