• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A very sad day for our Skagit.....

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
What will be the next plan? Can it be bought back and used for parts?what is in the background? Possibly Amtrak?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I would hope to buy it back as there are lots of good parts on it still.
That is the wildlife feeding station in Naches Wa.

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
I have to say, that is one nice looking old truck. Looks like somewhere between 1973 and 1975 vintage.

Best of wishes again in a fair and prompt resolution. I doubt the insurance company cares much. They are not the one making the payment.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Truck is a 76 and luckily all iron is paid off except for the shovel. Still lots of costs even when not running though. :(

I have to say, that is one nice looking old truck. Looks like somewhere between 1973 and 1975 vintage.

Best of wishes again in a fair and prompt resolution. I doubt the insurance company cares much. They are not the one making the payment.

lg junior

The very first metal tower that I worked around was a 65 foot Berger. We always joked that it needed buckle guys because it shook and wobbled so bad that the tube would hit the guylines. There is an eye on the trailer just in front of the fifth wheel. We would hook the drumline of the cat to that and deck logs on top the line to hold the front of the trailer down. Was a real easy machine to move with the cat and dolly, didn't weigh as much as their M2. They did break the ball that the tube stands on, the tube didn't fall but it took quite a bit of work to get it down without making a bigger mess. By the pictures it appears to be a pretty nice looking machine. My only question would be, how long has it been setting? Good luck with everything!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Well, sounds like it may be totaled.
Now to find a replacement.
Any suggestions?

Vigilant

Occupation
Well, sounds like it may be totaled.
Now to find a replacement.
Any suggestions?

Have you contacted our mutual friend Rusty... er... Contract.... up in God's country? I'll bet you have his phone number.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I haven't yet. I should shoot him a call. Eric always knows where iron is.

Vigilant

Occupation
Yep. And also what some good model options are. Right now, he may be a little busy gloating over his latest truck purchase: a vintage KW W9. :D

Attachments

• Eric's W9.jpg
    Eric's W9.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 616
Last edited: