• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

About Butt Ugly

Truck Shop

I caught this trailer queen in July of '21 near Grantsville, MD. Last I saw of it

Headed back to New Jersey plant probably.

That is a great looking truck/tractor. These designers know how to irritate the masses. The one
good thing that KW finally made a decision about--2024 is the last year the W900L will be produced.
The two 2022 W900's the company owns are just possibly the crappiest of late model to work on,
even worse than a Freightliner Cascadia, and I never though that could be possible.
You have to slide under on your back to floor no creeper, zero room. Good looking tractor but a turd
otherwise. No cab room, the doors open a third less than a Cascadia and undo the mirror brackets
to get the top off air cleaner to change filters. Old design that needed to go down the road, been in
production since 1982.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
The only trucks Paccar makes that I'll be sad to see go are the T-800 (which I'm told this is the last year for it) and the C-500.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Truck herders today will not care, just a place to park their butts.
Can almost expect to start seeing Scania and other EU series COEs imported to US
Better as to practicality. This Pete reflects the old stub/bubble noses that were never gems to work on either.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
90+% is driver, foot in and making miles to earn more payroll is less economy. Was getting my work done, kept engine in strong decent power rpm and avoided at speeds against the governor and was averaging over 5.9 in a dump truck.
Fella driving the twin could not keep 5 average.

Truck Shop

90+% is driver, foot in and making miles to earn more payroll is less economy.

Only in a few cases like yours. Max logged miles with breaks legally is 660, with a 53 to 54 mph average to
stay within mph average between scales. Cruise control has to be used anytime it can. The more tired a
driver gets the less consistent he or she is. Any company fleet only has maybe 5 percent that don't herd
their truck. And there are no two trucks that run the same, we've had drivers move from one truck to
another their fuel mileage didn't stay the same it went up.

Out here the constant grades from Pendleton Ore to Ontario Ore tells the story. Since we went to AMT
gearboxes in the Cascadia's the mileage has been consistently higher than any we have had with
manuals.

cfherrman

It's flatter here's with hardly any scales. I was talking with a dot service guy awhile back that knew his stuff and he said, I can remember exactly, that your average speed couldn't be over 67 (or 73) and that was if you were resting on the on ramp and hit drive then floored it and drive to the next off ramp and hit not driving.