• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket Rotec Bearing, Slewing Ring for EX60-5

Art_H

All,

Just looking to get some opinions of the quality of aftermarket swing bearings. A new one from Hitachi is pretty steep, at least 5 times the price of an aftermarket one.

I do all my own mechanical work, so labor is not an issue for long term replacement if it would only get half the life.

Winters are pretty slow, so machine down time is not an issue.

Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket swing bearing quality?

Thanks,

Art

lantraxco

Aftermarket from a known source should be fine... have you tried Vancouver Tracparts? Good people and they do stock some of the slewing ring bearings.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I put an aftermarket bearing in a PC300 12 years ago. I've not heard back since but have seen the machine working around the area. It cost half what the OEM wanted. I got if from a parts dealer up here somewhere who ran it down and did all the legwork.

Art_H

Thanks for the info.

I suspect that if the bearing was measure for tolerance before install, that it would likely wear fairly well, provided the metallurgy was the same as OEM, and the seal doesn't pop out premature.