• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket Thumb For Takeuchi TB250

jbcraftsman

I recently purchased a 2008 TB250 without a thumb. I'm looking for any advice on where to find a good aftermarket hydraulic pin on thumb that isn't going to break the bank. Also looking for an Operators Manual and Service Manual. Any advice would be appreciated!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a prolink HPF thumb on my TB153 6 ton machine. I love that thumb. I am not sure what that thumb would cost for your machine, and I doubt you could go Prolink on the smaller machine, but it is an excellent thumb. WB would be a more cost effective solution. I have had their thumbs in the past and never had an issue. I just have never really liked the geometry on the grapple portion of their thumbs. However I am kind of anal by nature so my issues may not be yours. If cost is a big driver, I would go to WB. They are well built and cost effective, if you don't have a coupler, their manual coupler is good at a reasonable price.

jbcraftsman

F0E5A4F5-4E45-421E-8811-23CC536F932F.jpeg Thank you for the response KSSS. I finally found a factory take off TAG thumb at a dealership. Looks like it’s been sitting in the yard for awhile but it has all the plumbing and couplers and is unused. Hopefully I can get it cleaned up and it will work well.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
If I ever had to add a thumb to an excavator I would always choose a pro-link thumb. They make a world of difference. My JD50C had it and my Hitachi 60USB has just the standard factory thumb. I miss the pro link nearly every day.! Think Tag makes a decent product.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
No doubt those prolink thumbs are worth the money. Especially when clearing off trees, logs and such. If you want to price a prolink for your 60, check out HPF they are just below you in Wa. Great prolink thumb with a claw design that works well for the type of jobs we deal with.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Yes, I've looked them up. Good design/product. That's about the only thing I don't like about the hitachi. The factory thumb looks like it came off a 3.5ton. In fact, the cylinder is same size as my 3.5 ton. Sucks for stacking rock walls.