• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis-Chalmers HD-21

ACcrazy

Occupation
Mechanic
This once proud machine left to rust back to the earth. Tried to buy her about 17 years ago but no dice.

hd16xr500carb014.jpg

hd16xr500carb015.jpg

hd16xr500carb016.jpg

hd16xr500carb021.jpg

hd16xr500carb019.jpg

hd16xr500carb017.jpg

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Hi AC crazy, yes pity to see it rotting there, looks like it might have been saveable 17 years ago. Wonder why it was abandoned.
Big carco winch on it, would have been a exellent winch, salvage machine.
Uncle had a HD16DC said it was a awesome logging tractor.

ACcrazy

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi D6 Merv. I was told it was parked because it quit steering, evidently. Pretty lame excuse to abandon a good workable machine.

We had an HD16 as well. Don't know exactly what year she was because the vin tag was missing when we got it. It was a cable blade with a nice Carco winch. My uncle was the one who ran and maintained it. He loved it as a logging machine as well. He said it was excellent for side-hilling. Very stable.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Very pathetic excuse to abandon a machine. Probably just a basic maintence problem, low oil or blocked suction screen etc.
Uncle loved his 16DC, had early 11B and 11EC before the 16. Needed the bigger tractor for native logging here in some real steep country. Said it was a better tractor than a D7D 17a he had another contractor helping him pull logs with.
biggest log they ever pulled with it was 12000 board ft [12inx12inx1ft] and at 350ft to the ton ! Said she could just walk with it on a slight downhill grade !

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I have all ways wondered why people do this.Quit using a machine but will not sell it just let it sit and rust away.

grizly

Occupation
general freight driver
such a waste ,she could have a few years left in her with the right pair of hands on it....i don't like sights like that.

hr2

Occupation
Farm, log, mine, & develop. Owner / operator.
Curious what year do you guys think it is? Ask as my grandfather had an AC dealership many many moons ago.

bobert

Howdo, new at this computer stuff. I have an AC HD6 & cant find a way to get rid of it. Everyone tells me too heavy or ????.Ran when parked w/bad idler wheel brng. Anyone w/ideas on how to sell it for salvage or collector or ?????