• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

allis-chalmers hd-5

dayexco

here's a pic of my dad's hd-5 allis chalmers crawler loader. had a 2-71 detroit on it. i'm guessing this pic was taken in the mid 60's. it was the first machine i learned how to operate a loader on.

Attachments

• hd-5 allis.jpg
    hd-5 allis.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,028

dayexco

no, we got rid of it in the early 70's when we bought our first rubber tired loader. a 545 allis chalmers

rino1494

awww....that sucks. We have a old Case 450 track loader from the 60's that we still use quite a bit. I like running the old stuff. Makes me realize how good we have it these days with all of the new equipment.

Jeff D.

Dayexco,

Since you're familiar with older trucks and equipment,when you've headed east towards the cities have you ever noticed the old Dodge cabover semi parked in Dawson MN?It's on the north side of the road,about in the middle of town,at a trucking co.,or repair shop.(parked right off of hwy.212)

I always wanted too stop,and check the thing out.It looked to be fairly complete,and not terrible sharp(from the road)I thought it would be an interesting truck to rebuild,if the parts could be found.Sure not many of them around.

Maybe it isn't there anymore,it's been a while since I've been through that area?