• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Am I high on crack??

tacotory

Looking for a little input. I have been trying to sell my JD 325 skid steer and have been getting little or no response. It is in good working shape with ~1000 hrs on it. Comes with the 74" GP bucket. I currently have it listed for $17.5K. Am I way off base on an asking price, or is it just that nothing is selling right now?

Attachments

• Bobcat side.jpg
    Bobcat side.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 997
  • Bobcat reach.jpg
    Bobcat reach.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 998

JDOFMEMI

Not much iron selling right now. Most have no money and / or no work, and the few with money are holding on to it wondering how long it will last.

Your machine looks good, and the price sounds fair, but when you have to compete with dealers and rental yards selling late model low hr machines for a song, it is no wonder you are having trouble selling yours.

Tracklayer

How are you advertising it? I put one on a few big websites with lots of other equipment and did not get much response. I could be on one of those sites for say six months with zero inquiries. I ended up selling it off of craigslist to a homeowner who needed it to work on his yard. It is easy to think your price is too high if you get no inquiries, but the problem is usually that it has just not gotten seen by the right person. I have lowered my price and then somebody comes along who could care less about price and buys it.

MXZ

Not much iron selling right now. Most have no money and / or no work, and the few with money are holding on to it wondering how long it will last.

Your machine looks good, and the price sounds fair, but when you have to compete with dealers and rental yards selling late model low hr machines for a song, it is no wonder you are having trouble selling yours.

Plus the dealers can offer financing.

It's a vicious cycle. Things get slow, programs get better, new machines get cheaper, used machines get devalued. When it's a buyers market, machine specs and price become more important.

tacotory

Hows that mower attachment work?Have much power?

The mower is amazing. It will go through almost anything. We have an invasive plant/ bush/ weed here called Scotch Broom that gets really out of hand. I mowed a few acres where it was 8-9' high with stalks well over an inch in diameter no problem. Cuts grass nice and clean too.

tacotory

How are you advertising it? I put one on a few big websites with lots of other equipment and did not get much response. I could be on one of those sites for say six months with zero inquiries. I ended up selling it off of craigslist to a homeowner who needed it to work on his yard. It is easy to think your price is too high if you get no inquiries, but the problem is usually that it has just not gotten seen by the right person. I have lowered my price and then somebody comes along who could care less about price and buys it.

I have it on CL and on machinerytrader.com. Maybe I'll try to add it to a few of the closer cities on CL to see if I can find the right person.

802MARK

Your not high on the price, not sure if your on crack

I just bought a 325 deere, only change from mine to yours is mine has 100 hours on it, paid 21k for it. I bought mine off of ebay and that's where you might want to put yours.

tacotory

I just bought a 325 deere, only change from mine to yours is mine has 100 hours on it, paid 21k for it. I bought mine off of ebay and that's where you might want to put yours.

Good info- thanks. Was that an auction or a "buy it now"? How many bidders on it?

802MARK

ebay

No It wasn't a buy it now price. There was around 9 bidders on it, and maybe 15 to 20 bids. it was down at 17,900.00 and I was sitting there waiting for the end of the bidding, I post it for the max at 24k and the bid was 100.00 a bid, I hit it and the guy at 17k9 started hitting it and ran me up to 21k then time ran out on him. If he would have had more time he would have run it up even more.

I would post it on ebay, you can set your price and see what happens on it. your machine looks good and your tires look new. but as most posted thou not many people are buying right now, but ebay opens you up to the whole world. I am in panama central america and shipped it down here. also I post a while back on a web site that has shippers all over the u.s. bidding to ship your product. you might want to post that in your ebay ad so someone across the state might use it to ship it. shipping sometimes kills a lot of deals. I see many things in the u.s. I would buy but the shipping stops me. http://www.uship.com thats the link. I don't have anything to do with this web site, I just used them and it saved me a lot of money shipping. you can post whatever you want shipped and from what point to what point and boom, the bids for your job start to pour in, you can look at the shippers past and get the best price.

hang in there buddy, If it was me I would put it on ebay, but set your price. and If you really don't have to sell it I would hold on to it. also do a serach on ebay and see how many 325's are on there for sale right now, last time I checked there wasn't but one or two. good luck and stay off the pipe!!

802MARK

if your on the pipe

and by the way if you find your on the pipe, then send me the mower!!! you owe me,, yeah you don't remember that loan I gave you a few years ago do you?

JDSKIDSTEER

Fair price. I had a guy looking for one Texas, He wanted a 900 hour machine I already sold for $19,900.00. Maybe he will be interested. I have his number at the office. I will see if I can remember to get it for you.

JDSKIDSTEER

The mower is amazing. It will go through almost anything. We have an invasive plant/ bush/ weed here called Scotch Broom that gets really out of hand. I mowed a few acres where it was 8-9' high with stalks well over an inch in diameter no problem. Cuts grass nice and clean too.

It looks like a Bradco... They work great.

Attachments

• DSCN0846.jpg
    DSCN0846.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 644

JDSKIDSTEER

No It wasn't a buy it now price. There was around 9 bidders on it, and maybe 15 to 20 bids. it was down at 17,900.00 and I was sitting there waiting for the end of the bidding, I post it for the max at 24k and the bid was 100.00 a bid, I hit it and the guy at 17k9 started hitting it and ran me up to 21k then time ran out on him. If he would have had more time he would have run it up even more.

I would post it on ebay, you can set your price and see what happens on it. your machine looks good and your tires look new. but as most posted thou not many people are buying right now, but ebay opens you up to the whole world. I am in panama central america and shipped it down here. also I post a while back on a web site that has shippers all over the u.s. bidding to ship your product. you might want to post that in your ebay ad so someone across the state might use it to ship it. shipping sometimes kills a lot of deals. I see many things in the u.s. I would buy but the shipping stops me. http://www.uship.com thats the link. I don't have anything to do with this web site, I just used them and it saved me a lot of money shipping. you can post whatever you want shipped and from what point to what point and boom, the bids for your job start to pour in, you can look at the shippers past and get the best price.

hang in there buddy, If it was me I would put it on ebay, but set your price. and If you really don't have to sell it I would hold on to it. also do a serach on ebay and see how many 325's are on there for sale right now, last time I checked there wasn't but one or two. good luck and stay off the pipe!!

Wow. I got a customer with a cab unit 300 hours with 78" Bucket and pallet fork he will take 25K for, Maybe he needs to e-bay.

tacotory

It looks like a Bradco... They work great.

My mower is a Bobcat Brushcat. 60". I got it from the local Bobcat dealer for $1500. I think I could sell it for $2500-3000. He had two for sale at the time- I wish I would have bought them both- probably could have gotten mine for free after selling the 2nd one. They do work amazing...

tacotory

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try to get it on eBay today. I need to go to the shop and get some more photos first. I just searched and there was only one other 325- an '08 with a starting price of $27k and no bids.

I have used uShip before- very cool site. I had an RV that I bought in an auction brought to Oregon from S. Texas. The guy that I had do it was a retired marine who transported stuff around the country to see the States for free. There were a bunch of great reviews on him and he was everything they said he was. All the tires on the RV blew on the way here and he didn't charge me for all his wasted time getting them fixed.

JDSKIDSTEER

My mower is a Bobcat Brushcat. 60". I got it from the local Bobcat dealer for $1500. I think I could sell it for $2500-3000. He had two for sale at the time- I wish I would have bought them both- probably could have gotten mine for free after selling the 2nd one. They do work amazing...

Wow...Thats a good price.

tacotory

Anyone on here watching out of curiosity? Have 4 watchers now and wondering if they're legitimate. No one has taken the leap on an opening bid yet.