• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AMI Pin Grabber

gabelmatt

Occupation
Mini Excavator Owner/Operator
Hey guy,wondering if any of you guys use a AMI pin grabber on any mini excavators and how they work.I'm gunna get one installed next week on my Cat 305 CCR,and just wondering how they work
Thanks

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum gabelmatt. :usa

Send us some pics when you get the pin grabber installed. ;)

heavylift

I think the smallest hoe we have with a hydraulic quick connect is a 312... Don't know our brands right off the top of my head.... but the all work well ... unless you don't grease the slide... you can even put the bucket on backwards..
It's another one of those things that get missed ... but if you take the bucket off at least a week to grease ..

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a Werk Brau mech. coupler on my mini. This is my second one. Its quick and secure.

gabelmatt

Occupation
Thanks for the advise guys.THis web site is awsome for us guys owning/running equipment.I will definatly put some pics of the new pin grabber.I had a mechanical one on my last Cat and really like it,but I just bought a brand new one so I thought I would get all the bells and whisles on it.
Thanks again

coopers

Gabelmatt is it mechanical or hydraulic? I went to their website and their stuff looks good. Didn't know anyone out there made a hyd. coupler wedge or pin grabber style for minis. I'd be interested in seeing your pics.

gabelmatt

Occupation
Gabelmatt is it mechanical or hydraulic? I went to their website and their stuff looks good. Didn't know anyone out there made a hyd. coupler wedge or pin grabber style for minis. I'd be interested in seeing your pics.

I believe that it is pin.I have a mechanical on it for now,I've been waiting for the hydraulic one for 3 weeks and it finally showed up.

gabelmatt

Occupation
Any pics? And where in Ontario are u located?

I am located in Atwood ON which is half hour west of Kitchener.The machine is going down to Waterloo on wednesday of this week so I should have pics later this week I hope I'll post them when I get her home

upnover

Occupation
Consultant
If it works as good as the Yanmar hydraulic coupler you will be happy. I have the AMI buckets and thumb on my machine. They make good attachments.

dsichewski

I am located in Atwood ON which is half hour west of Kitchener.The machine is going down to Waterloo on wednesday of this week so I should have pics later this week I hope I'll post them when I get her home

Small World....I live in Kitchener over in the Doon area lol.

How do you like your 305?

gabelmatt

Occupation
I love the new 305.By far the best machine i've tryed so far.Goin to Kitchener tommorrow to drop it off at Battlefield to get the new pin grabber installed

dsichewski

I love the new 305.By far the best machine i've tryed so far.Goin to Kitchener tommorrow to drop it off at Battlefield to get the new pin grabber installed

Glad to hear you like it. I ran a 302.5 and did some work for a friend one day and absolutely loved it. but there is a big difference between running a 302.5 and a 345cl. haha

I used to work at toromont cat in cambridge...were you taking your machine to the battlefield beside it or to the battlefield up in waterloo?
Hope the pin grabber turns out well! It makes things so much easier.

gabelmatt

Occupation
OK guys I finally got the pin grabber put on. Cat had for over a week,but it was worth the wait, the pin grabber works awsome. I should have some pics up tommorrow.

gabelmatt

Occupation
I'm actually not sure how much it was. It was all included in the price of the machine when I bought it.