• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

An R, a T and a big Moutain!

tippatone

Occupation
Future heavy equipment operator
What a view, where is that?

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
i was out that way earlier this summer...you live in some truly beautiful country out there...we road tripped from Seattle to Glacier National Park on Rt. 2 up through Stevens Pass...simply breath taking

tippatone

Occupation
JTL, I see you are a 302 member, I am about to send in my app to go to Ellensburg for the apprentice program, did you ever go there?

JDOFMEMI

JTL

I like the custom wings on those D-6 blades. I bet they make clean up a breeze.

Last edited:

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Thanks guys!

Jerry, We have those wings on all five of our 6's. They are a necessity, straight blades are worthless for about 2/3s of what we do with them. Sometimes I wish we had one with a 6-way though.

Tippatone, No I didnt go through 302's apprentiship. I hear its a good one, so good luck!

Dirtdigger, If you took 2 all the way to Glacier, Im sure went through Sandpoint, ID. My home town. That is quite the drive.

tippatone

Occupation
I just can't get over that backdrop, looks like a nice pic for a postcard, I can't wait to get out to the Pacific Northwest

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Looks like around Lacy somewhere.

You don't see many standard tilt blades out this way anymore. Anything less than five years old seems to be a sixway.

Thanks for the photo.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Looks like around Lacy somewhere.

You don't see many standard tilt blades out this way anymore. Anything less than five years old seems to be a sixway.

Thanks for the photo.

Close! We are over at Graham at the LRI landfill.
We thought about 6 ways once. But for the distances that we push material over liners and up the slopes, they are just not practical

Last edited:

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
Dirtdigger, If you took 2 all the way to Glacier, Im sure went through Sandpoint, ID. My home town. That is quite the drive.

yup been there....where is that big bridge that crosses over some river?...the big yellow one...if I'm not mistaken that is near Sandpoint right?

yea we took 2 all the way to Glacier then down south to Yellowstone then trucked back all the way to the East Coast...saw the Pacific Ocean in Ocean City Washington and then went to Ocean City Maryland and ended the trip at the Atlantic Ocean....quite a trip

tippatone

Occupation
yup been there....where is that big bridge that crosses over some river?...the big yellow one...if I'm not mistaken that is near Sandpoint right?

yea we took 2 all the way to Glacier then down south to Yellowstone then trucked back all the way to the East Coast...saw the Pacific Ocean in Ocean City Washington and then went to Ocean City Maryland and ended the trip at the Atlantic Ocean....quite a trip

Wow, that what I call a road trip!:drinkup

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302

That would be an awesome road trip for sure. As far as yellow bridges go, I couldnt tell ya. I cross a butt load of em wherever I go!
Heres a few pics from today to show what I mean about pushing long disances where you cant take the trucks. Kinda hard to drive on drain rock.
LRI 003.jpg

LRI 004.jpg
Tomarrow I will get on the other 6, the old R and shove the rock out to the T, about half way. Then Tim will start pushing east and west, to build a big landing. When thats all finished, we will lay down some heavy plactic, put about a foot of pit-run on top of that, then drive the trucks right into the middle of the cell and push the piles from there. Right now we are using transfers to haul this rock in, next week we will start using truck and pups. They are a little cheaper!!
Jason

Last edited:

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Heres a couple pics of the trucks hauling the rock in, and the 312 hoe we are using to lay rock out on the liner, to keep the wrinkeling down a bit.
LRI 008.jpg

LRI 010.jpg

LRI 006.jpg

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
whats the fence on top of the slope for?

They will hang chain link fence from it, to catch plactic bags from blowing out of the landfill. It will also serve as a blinder to the drive by traffic, and the nieghbors.
The dump in Oregon I was at had the same thing, only thiers was golf ball netting for about 4 years, till they changed it to chain link.
Seems to me the golf net would work just as well here, cause the wind dosent blow nearlly as hard as it does on the Columbia River Gorge.
Jason